Two d3d9.dll files in same directory?

• Dwill0328
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #1 by Dwill0328 Two d3d9.dll files in same directory? was created by Dwill0328
I can get hidden and dangerous 2 to work with reshade if i use crosire dx8 to dx9 call converter. That d3d8.dll file saves the day again.

But there is a catch, the widescreen fix also uses a d3d8.dll file. Doesn't look like i can have both.

IS there anyway i can rename one somehow or something so i can get both to work simulatenously?

I have this same issue a lot with d3d9.dll games as well. Would be cool if i could just drag them on top of eachother and they would merge lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 4 months ago #2 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic Two d3d9.dll files in same directory?
Rename it to "widescreenfix.dll" or something then use an injector to hook it into the game.

• Dwill0328
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #3 by Dwill0328 Replied by Dwill0328 on topic Two d3d9.dll files in same directory?
i can rename it no problem lol, but can you elaborate on injecting the hook or whatever?

• AcidAesthetic
More
6 years 3 months ago #4 by AcidAesthetic Replied by AcidAesthetic on topic Two d3d9.dll files in same directory?
just found this solution. you can have both reshade and widescreen fix
renamed widescreen's dll from "d3d9.dll" to "dinput.dll"

• brazzjazz
More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #5 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic Two d3d9.dll files in same directory?

FierySwordswoman wrote: Rename it to "widescreenfix.dll" or something then use an injector to hook it into the game.

Hi FierySwordswoman, since I have failed to inject a DLL with ENBInjector with two games already, I have to make sure I have followed every step.

So,
· I pasted ENBInjector.exe and enbinjector.ini into the folder where the game's exe is located.
· I edited the enbinjector.ini and in the [LIBRARY] section, I changed enbseries.dll to d3d8r.dll (I renamed the d3d8.dll, the D3D8to9 wrapper since there is another widescreenfix dll with the same name)
· I added maxpayne.exe to the [TARGET PROCESS] section,
· I launched ENBInjector.exe,
· I launched the game.

Same process with another game (American McGee's Alice, to no effect...). Am I missing something?

Thanks
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by brazzjazz.

• crosire
More
5 years 11 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Two d3d9.dll files in same directory?
You can only inject DLLs with ENBInjector that do support this type of injection. ENB has a special build for the purpose and ReShade supports it out-of-the-box, but d3d8to9 for instance does not.

• brazzjazz
More
5 years 11 months ago #7 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic Two d3d9.dll files in same directory?

crosire wrote: You can only inject DLLs with ENBInjector that do support this type of injection. ENB has a special build for the purpose and ReShade supports it out-of-the-box, but d3d8to9 for instance does not.

So is there another way to get both DLLs with the same name loaded? Could you merge those two DLLs? Renaming d3d8.dll to dinput.dll made the game crash.

• Gotthemshaders
More
3 years 4 months ago #8 by Gotthemshaders Replied by Gotthemshaders on topic Two d3d9.dll files in same directory?
i know this two years old, but did you ever find out about this ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: kgr

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.