Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Two d3d9.dll files in same directory?

Two d3d9.dll files in same directory? 9 months 4 weeks ago #1

I can get hidden and dangerous 2 to work with reshade if i use crosire dx8 to dx9 call converter. That d3d8.dll file saves the day again.

But there is a catch, the widescreen fix also uses a d3d8.dll file. Doesn't look like i can have both.

IS there anyway i can rename one somehow or something so i can get both to work simulatenously?

I have this same issue a lot with d3d9.dll games as well. Would be cool if i could just drag them on top of eachother and they would merge lol
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Two d3d9.dll files in same directory? 9 months 4 weeks ago #2

Rename it to "widescreenfix.dll" or something then use an injector to hook it into the game.

Two d3d9.dll files in same directory? 9 months 3 weeks ago #3

i can rename it no problem lol, but can you elaborate on injecting the hook or whatever?

Two d3d9.dll files in same directory? 9 months 3 days ago #4

just found this solution. you can have both reshade and widescreen fix
renamed widescreen's dll from "d3d9.dll" to "dinput.dll"

Two d3d9.dll files in same directory? 4 months 2 weeks ago #5

FierySwordswoman wrote:
Rename it to "widescreenfix.dll" or something then use an injector to hook it into the game.
Hi FierySwordswoman, since I have failed to inject a DLL with ENBInjector with two games already, I have to make sure I have followed every step.

So,
· I pasted ENBInjector.exe and enbinjector.ini into the folder where the game's exe is located.
· I edited the enbinjector.ini and in the [LIBRARY] section, I changed enbseries.dll to d3d8r.dll (I renamed the d3d8.dll, the D3D8to9 wrapper since there is another widescreenfix dll with the same name)
· I added maxpayne.exe to the [TARGET PROCESS] section,
· I launched ENBInjector.exe,
· I launched the game.

Same process with another game (American McGee's Alice, to no effect...). Am I missing something?

Thanks
Xeon E3-1231 v3, MSI GTX 970 @1446/3903 MHz, 16 GB DDR3-1600
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by brazzjazz.

Two d3d9.dll files in same directory? 4 months 2 weeks ago #6

You can only inject DLLs with ENBInjector that do support this type of injection. ENB has a special build for the purpose and ReShade supports it out-of-the-box, but d3d8to9 for instance does not.
Cheers, crosire =)

Two d3d9.dll files in same directory? 4 months 2 weeks ago #7

crosire wrote:
You can only inject DLLs with ENBInjector that do support this type of injection. ENB has a special build for the purpose and ReShade supports it out-of-the-box, but d3d8to9 for instance does not.
So is there another way to get both DLLs with the same name loaded? Could you merge those two DLLs? Renaming d3d8.dll to dinput.dll made the game crash.
Xeon E3-1231 v3, MSI GTX 970 @1446/3903 MHz, 16 GB DDR3-1600