[SOLVED] FSX:Steam Edition wont launch with Reshade 3.1.0

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #1 by KatanaDV20 FSX:Steam Edition wont launch with Reshade 3.1.0 was created by KatanaDV20
First off - thank you crosire for a great tool :) I use it in Xplane 11 and it looks so great!

I wanted to ask the Forums help in getting Reshade 3.1.0 to work for FSX:Steam Edition (FSXSE). I installed Reshade as normal but FSXSE will not launch once Reshade is installed :( As soon as I remove d3d9.dll - FSXSE works!

Installation path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX

How can I fix this? Would really appreciate some advice. Thanks !

PC specs:
i7920 @ 2.67Ghz
GTX 1060 6GB
12GB DDR3 system RAM
Win10 Pro
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by KatanaDV20.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic FSX:Steam Edition wont launch with Reshade 3.1.0
ReShade 3.1.0 was tested with that game before publication and worked just fine. You likely have some software installed that's interfering, see reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/3293-co...-and-their-solutions .
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KatanaDV20

More
4 years 10 months ago #3 by KatanaDV20 Replied by KatanaDV20 on topic FSX:Steam Edition wont launch with Reshade 3.1.0
Thanks crosire I managed to fix it. I was selecting API as "Direct3D 9" as recommended.

I removed Reshade and tried again but this time selected "Direct3D 10+" and it works flawlessly now :)

Cheers and thanks for your work!

We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.