[SOLVED] How do I remove ReShade from skyrim (or any game)

• Omen267901
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #1 by Omen267901 How do I remove ReShade from skyrim (or any game) was created by Omen267901
I recently reinstalled skyrim, and when I put ReShade on it it caused the shadows to screw up horrendously. It's not my effects either. I tried applying a blank file to the game and it still messed up. Was not having the issue before putting reshade on. I tried to delete all of the sweetfx and reshade files in the skyrim folder, but it still loaded reshade and broke the shadows. Looking for help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ioxa
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #2 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic How do I remove ReShade from skyrim (or any game)
I think Skyrim is a directx 9 game so you would want to delete d3d9.dll. To be sure you're deleting the correct file check the details in the file properties, the file description will say "Crosire's ReShade post-processing injector".

Same goes for other games but the file name may be different depending on if the game is d3d8, d3d11, opengl, etc...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Omen267901

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.