Knights of The Old Republic & Reshade

• Mek
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #1 by Mek Knights of The Old Republic & Reshade was created by Mek
Hi.
First off I want to say sorry for making this thread, I'm fully aware of this thread: reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/3293-co...-and-their-solutions
however I wanted some direct help. Plus the options given didn't work for me.
Anyways I installed Reshade to my Knights of The Old Republic executable. Here's what the folder looks like after install (I selected opengl). However after launching the game I'm met with no Reshade menu. I'm pretty much given no indication that I installed it correctly. An important thing to note is that I have installed Reshade before and had it working before for other games.

I'd seriously appreciate any help here.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Mek.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Soscean
More
6 years 3 months ago #2 by Soscean Replied by Soscean on topic Knights of The Old Republic & Reshade
Exact same problem in the exact same manner. Using kotor on steam and GoG.

• Mek
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #3 by Mek Replied by Mek on topic Knights of The Old Republic & Reshade
The only thing I have it on is GOG. What do you recommend I do?
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Mek.

• Soscean
More
6 years 3 months ago #4 by Soscean Replied by Soscean on topic Knights of The Old Republic & Reshade
Ive had it on both and it doesnt' work on either one.

• Mek
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 months ago #5 by Mek Replied by Mek on topic Knights of The Old Republic & Reshade
So do you recommend I take out certain files out my GOG folder to get it working?

• Soscean
More
6 years 3 months ago #6 by Soscean Replied by Soscean on topic Knights of The Old Republic & Reshade
I don't know. I'm with you.

• Mek
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 months ago #7 by Mek Replied by Mek on topic Knights of The Old Republic & Reshade
Well that's comforting at least lol.

• Soscean
More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #8 by Soscean Replied by Soscean on topic Knights of The Old Republic & Reshade
From what I can tell from scouring the forums is that we are not going to get help on this. The people who can/willing don't seem to check too often. I guess we have to play without.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Soscean.

• Mek
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 months ago #9 by Mek Replied by Mek on topic Knights of The Old Republic & Reshade
Kinda sad, but at least we have each other :lol:

• Soscean
More
6 years 3 months ago #10 by Soscean Replied by Soscean on topic Knights of The Old Republic & Reshade
haha Indeed. I'll keep playing around with it. If I get it working in the next few days, i'll post it here. If you don't see a post, assume I failed and gave up. lol

• Mek
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 months ago #11 by Mek Replied by Mek on topic Knights of The Old Republic & Reshade

Soscean wrote: haha Indeed. I'll keep playing around with it. If I get it working in the next few days, i'll post it here. If you don't see a post, assume I failed and gave up. lol

Will do.

• blackdragonbird
More
6 years 3 months ago #12 by blackdragonbird Replied by blackdragonbird on topic Knights of The Old Republic & Reshade
The guys that can help check quite often there, they simple choose to not help. They only bother to resolve issues with games they play or games that have a big name over it.

They are over high horses now that they work for nVidia. I will not be surprised if Reshade simple stop receiving support and dies in some months. If you look in this area of forum there are many topics that have no response for months.

• Soscean
More
6 years 3 months ago #13 by Soscean Replied by Soscean on topic Knights of The Old Republic & Reshade
They work for Nvidia now? Good for them.
They certainly have no obligation to help us, but it is frustrating considering how good reshade is.
I have tried about 30 different fixes and this damn thing simply isn't working. I've learned a lot about this shit, so that's good at least.

• Dazaster
More
6 years 3 months ago #14 by Dazaster Replied by Dazaster on topic Knights of The Old Republic & Reshade
OK, first of all you don't say which Reshade version you're using. I don't know if the latest works as I haven't tried it, but version 3.0.4.156 does. You can find it in the Reshade Repository.
Second, what does it say in your opengl32.ini file?
Does it say EffectSearchPaths=C:\Gog Games\Star Wars - KotOR\ ? because that isn't going to work.

It should say something like
EffectSearchPaths=C:\Gog Games\Star Wars - KotOR\reshade-shaders\Shaders
and
TextureSearchPaths=C:\Gog Games\Star Wars - KotOR\reshade-shaders\Textures

Do that, run the game and wait till the main menu shows up and the Reshade banner should then appear.

• Soscean
More
6 years 3 months ago #15 by Soscean Replied by Soscean on topic Knights of The Old Republic & Reshade
Sure, i used version 3.0.8, 3.1, and 2.0.3 with no luck.

My paths for the ini file were correct when i used it i GoG and Steam, I disabled all overlays with Nvidia and Steam, and have the june 2010 runtimes installed to my c drive.

Wont even boot with game. I heard in an old post offsite that mentioned having the game files on an external hard drive, but i dont have one to try.

• brussell
More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #16 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic Knights of The Old Republic & Reshade

blackdragonbird wrote: The guys that can help check quite often there, they simple choose to not help. They only bother to resolve issues with games they play or games that have a big name over it.

They are over high horses now that they work for nVidia. I will not be surprised if Reshade simple stop receiving support and dies in some months. If you look in this area of forum there are many topics that have no response for months.

Thats bs:
1. crosire has released several major updates for ReShade since he works at/with nVidia.
2. crosire as the main developer is in fact the only one who can fix deeper issues with games at the moment. So you simply can't espect solutions for every problem.
3. ReShade is open source. Everyone can collaborate or fork it at any time. But since it's complex software, don't expect many people that are willing to dig deep into the code and thus are able to fix bugs with certain games.

On topic.
Sadly KOTOR is one of the few games that I also can't get to work with ReShade no matter what ReShade release I try.
Can you post logs Mek? (To the others: always post logs if you have a problem with ReShade)
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by brussell.

• Soscean
More
6 years 3 months ago #17 by Soscean Replied by Soscean on topic Knights of The Old Republic & Reshade
Faulting application name: swkotor.exe, version: 1.0.3.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: d3d11.dll, version: 10.0.16299.98, time stamp: 0xd5c15d64
Exception code: 0xc0000005

interesting. IDK what that is. all I have opengl.dll.

• Dazaster
More
6 years 2 months ago #18 by Dazaster Replied by Dazaster on topic Knights of The Old Republic & Reshade
Reshade 3.04 works.
Not 3.1, not 3.0.8, not 2. =3.0.4=
You can find 3.0.4 in the Repository found here: www.mediafire.com/folder/8ar1jhh1809cl/ReShade_Repository

Proof:
[IMG

• Soscean
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #19 by Soscean Replied by Soscean on topic Knights of The Old Republic & Reshade
congrats on getting it to work. I have tried all versions of 3.0 to no avail.
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Soscean.

• Psywalker
More
6 years 2 months ago #20 by Psywalker Replied by Psywalker on topic Knights of The Old Republic & Reshade
Check out my post regarding the Nvidia 940mx. Ive done some extensive testing on tracking down this Reshade compatibility issue. Soscean can you open your openGL text file, then ctrl+f Error. Post here the slightly above and below so we can take a look at where the failure is at. Also are you running an integrated intel GPU or a dedicated Nvidia GPU. Do either work independently of Reshade? Thanks.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.