Crysis/Crysis WARHEAD forced in DX9 with ReShade

• Kam
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #1 by Kam Crysis/Crysis WARHEAD forced in DX9 with ReShade was created by Kam
Hi all,

I’m experiencing a weird issue.
As the subject suggest, Crysis and Crysis WARHEAD are forced to DX9 with ReShade and I’m not able to have these games running with DX10.

SPEC
Windows 7 Ultimate X64
Intel i950 @ 4.0 Ghz
12 GB RAM
2 x GTX 570 (SLI)
NVIDIA Driver 388.71

I tried different ReShade versions (3.1.1, 3.1.0, 3.0.1, 3.0.0, 3.0.0.b5, 2.0.3f1) and the result is always the same.
I tried both x32 and x64 version of the game.
I tried both dxgi.dll and d3d10.dll file name for the original ReShadeXX.dll.
I tried without any vanilla texture/installation and just with the pure dxgi.dll installed.
ReShade works in the game although only in DX9 mode.
With r_DisplayInfo=1 command I can see the Games showing DX9 while using ReShade.
When running without ReShade dll the games work perfectly in DX10.
With r_DisplayInfo=1 command I can see the Games showing DX10 withiut ReShade.
dxgi.dll installed in both bin32 and bin64 directory.

What I’m doing wrong?
Below (in the spoiler) the Crysis WARHEAD dxgi.log

Warning: Spoiler!

Many thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Kam
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Kam.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Project579
More
6 years 2 months ago #2 by Project579 Replied by Project579 on topic Crysis/Crysis WARHEAD forced in DX9 with ReShade
If the game loads DXGI.dll it's probably working in DX10 mode, Reshade 3.0.3 is the only binary I can get Crysis to launch, to make sure the game runs on DX10 mode open Crysis\Game\Config\system.cfg and make sure that "r_driver = DX10" is set.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.