GTA V STILL NOT WORKING WITH RESHADE

• Mello
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago #1 by Mello GTA V STILL NOT WORKING WITH RESHADE was created by Mello
My GTA V social club version still not work with Reshade, i can get Reshade work in others games like The Division if i rename dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll, but in GTA if i rename the dll, the game work but Reshade doesn't work

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 2 months ago #2 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic GTA V STILL NOT WORKING WITH RESHADE
Honestly I'd give up on ReShade in GTA V. Every release they've had fixed one thing at the cost of breaking two more. If I recall correctly it stopped accepting ReShade the update that came after Cunning Stunts, which is also the update I stopped playing.
I wouldn't be surprised if they just went full Easy Anti-Cheat and caused the game boot to fail if any foreign files are found in the game directory as a final effort against modders.

• robgrab
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #3 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic GTA V STILL NOT WORKING WITH RESHADE
I'm currently running GTA V with the Redux mod AND Reshade without problems. I'm playing through the Story Mode though. Redux prevents you from playing GTA V online because it alters the game so much. I'm not sure if Rockstar is also blocking Reshade from online play. It wouldn't surprise me though. That applies to a lot of online multiplayer games. In fact PUBG is going to block Reshade in their next patch.
LINK
If you really want to tweak the look of GTA V use NVIDIA's new 'Freestyle' (Reshade clone). It's fully compatible with GTA V and I assume it wouldn't have the same restrictions as Reshade... but I could be wrong.
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by robgrab.

• Aelius Maximus
More
6 years 2 months ago #4 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic GTA V STILL NOT WORKING WITH RESHADE
Have you tried injectin Reshade instead?

• v00d00m4n
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #5 by v00d00m4n Replied by v00d00m4n on topic GTA V STILL NOT WORKING WITH RESHADE
Looks like MS and Crosire broke something in recent updates of Windows and Reshade that prevents hooking.
At the moment I'm using my own custom build of reshade based on 3.06 or 3.07 code with depth access not disabled when internet traffic detected (I still consider this a bad idea, because many games nowadays using metricts and statistic reports to publisher servers, or downloading and uploading some stats, even single player, and reshade falsely consider them a MP and "prevents cheating" by blocking depth access... but reshade it too popular and easily spotted, so nobody would use it for online cheating, cheaters use more stealthy and less widespread methods so whole measure was just an overkill nobody really needs), and it works perfectly. I suppose it could be a problem with recent 3.1 and 3.11.

If official reshade does not work, try SpecialK that comes packed with custom build of reshade (without shaders, you will have to download them from GitHub), I uses different way of injection and may work where proxy dll method fails. You may also combine SpecialK with official build of reshade.
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by v00d00m4n.

• ArdaCsknn
More
6 years 2 months ago #6 by ArdaCsknn Replied by ArdaCsknn on topic GTA V STILL NOT WORKING WITH RESHADE
How can I download these versions?I am playing Scrap Mechanic but won't be able get depth buffer.So you said it disables it when traffic detected,the problem might be that.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.