[SOLVED] Pls Help! Re-installed game now crashing

• rise_of_chaos
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago #1 by rise_of_chaos Pls Help! Re-installed game now crashing was created by rise_of_chaos
I've researched this for an entire day now and hoping someone might provide some insight into this particular situation:
1) Just re-installed Win7, DirectX is up to date, installed Net Framework 4.5 (just wiped a Win 10 Upgrade due to issues)
2) Other games on my removable USB 3 TB Drive are still fine and working with their prior reshade installation
3) I had to re-install the game in issue (Dungeons in Dragons Online) which has previously worked perfectly with reshade
4) I am 99% sure there has not been an update to the game in the last day that now blocks Reshade
5) I am not sure if maybe this new installation of this particular game has some kind of block
6) New installations of ReShade into other games are working fine
7) Finally.. I tried renaming the files to D3D11 and running the game as an administrator.
8) I'm not using Steam or any other interface, I have not installed anything on this new installation aside from the bare minimum (simple Nvidia driver, current DirectX and NetFramework 4.5 that was needed to install the new Reshade .exe
(before I installed Net Framework 4.5, the Reshade installation would crash right after it got to downloading 100% of the online shaders)

Crash that is coming back points to the dxgi.dll. I can move that file into a created bin folder within the game directory and the game works ( with no reshade nothing comes up). Taking it out of the bin folder and putting it back where it gets installed causes the game to crash as soon as the Reshade interface/UI normally comes up

I'm 100% sure I'm installing it the same exact way it was installed yesterday so any insight would be appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
6 years 2 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Pls Help! Re-installed game now crashing
The following user(s) said Thank You: rise_of_chaos

• rise_of_chaos
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago #3 by rise_of_chaos Replied by rise_of_chaos on topic Pls Help! Re-installed game now crashing
Thank you! Indeed you were spot on and that fixed it.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.