Fallout 4 CTD upon startup.

• Skaði
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago #1 by Skaði Fallout 4 CTD upon startup. was created by Skaði
Hey there. Having a little bit of trouble. I recently got this sweet new lappy toppy, and have been jamming out in Fallout 4. I remembered the sweet, wonderful times that are had with SweetFX/ReShade, so I decided to get a preset and install ReShade.

Sadly, it seems, through process of elimination, to be the cause of an annoying crash to desktop issue whenever I start up the game. It wasn't doing this before, and since it doesn't even take the time to load into the game, I assume it's ReShade. I have tried to reinstall it, to disable overlays, but the problem persists.

It would be very helpful if from the comments I could get two things:
1. Common solutions to this issue, and from communication eventually finding the issue itself. I'm sure it might be a very simple fix.
2. A solution to my secondary issue: The preset I downloaded is supposed to go within the SweetFX folder. However, with the updates to ReShade, this folder no longer exists. I would like to know where I can place this file, or whether I need to find a different version of ReShade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.