ReShade v3.1.1 won't work with Bioshock Remastered

• Lolz
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #1 by Lolz ReShade v3.1.1 won't work with Bioshock Remastered was created by Lolz
The game crashes with d3d11.dll error. Don't know if I'm doing something wrong. I install ReShade as I usually do, it works for every other game but Bioshock remastered. Assuming there are couple presets that were made using ReShade 3.0+ on "thelazy" site, it should work eh?
I was looking through dxgi.log and found these lines:
Registering hooks for 'C:\Windows\system32\dxgi.dll' ...
> Delayed until first call to an exported function.

Don't know if that's related to the problem or not.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Lolz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Martigen
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #2 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic ReShade v3.1.1 won't work with Bioshock Remastered
Install it as dxgi.dll.

Edit: This is not a function of your log report. I have it working in my install as dxgi.dll. In fact, I use this as the default hook for all D3D10/11 games.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Martigen.

• Lolz
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago #3 by Lolz Replied by Lolz on topic ReShade v3.1.1 won't work with Bioshock Remastered
Well, If I have dxgi.log... I installed it as dxgi.dll which is obvious as this game is dx11 by default.

• robgrab
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #4 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic ReShade v3.1.1 won't work with Bioshock Remastered
Odd. I just played through the entirety of Bioshock 2 Remastered along with the DLC and I encountered no problems whatsoever. I'm sure they use the exact same engine.

Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by robgrab.

• Lolz
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #5 by Lolz Replied by Lolz on topic ReShade v3.1.1 won't work with Bioshock Remastered
I guess I figured out where the problem lies. Kinda...
I'm on Win7 and have KB2670838 update installed. I uninstalled it, d3d11 error was gone. Instead I had BioshockHD.exe crash error :( An article on pcgamingwiki says that I need that update for the game to not crash. I installed KB2670838 update again — same d3d11.dll error with ReShade. The game itself works fine, it's just that I can't use ReShade, which is unfortunate.
Vicious circle.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Lolz.

• Lolz
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago #6 by Lolz Replied by Lolz on topic ReShade v3.1.1 won't work with Bioshock Remastered
Alright so I got it working.
For some reason the dxgi.ini wasn't generating all the necessary lines (only 2) it usually does to inject correctly (or w/e technical explanation would be correct). What I did was just copy-pasted a whole dxgi.ini from another preset (Dark Souls 2) to the one within the Bioshock Remastered folder, and set the correct path to shaders and textures. Works fine now.
Weird.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.