Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Thief: Deadly Shadows (Sneaky Upgrade 1.1.8) Crash

Thief: Deadly Shadows (Sneaky Upgrade 1.1.8) Crash 2 months 1 week ago #1

Hello everyone and thank you in advanced for reading this. I have Theif: Deadly Shadows installed with the latest version of the Sneaky Upgrade (1.1.8 ). I have Reshade (3.1.1) installed as well. The game loads up to the menu no problem and can open Reshade and select all the dressing to the game as I desire but once I select load or new game the screen turns back and crashes with just this report: "Thief 3 (SU) has stopped working". I have tried different releases of Reshade but still crashes. I did check to see if Reshade works with the base game and it does in fact work no problems, but not with the Sneaky Upgrade for some reason. I have been directing the Reshade path to the Sneaky Upgrade "Thief3.exe" which is the upgrade executable. Does anyone else have a problem getting it to work with the Sneaky Upgrade or have any remedies I might try? Thank you all again!!!

EDIT: I just realized that the ".ini" file that is supposed to be associated with the game isn't being created, the one that you give the name to of the effects you want to load during the tutorial. I hope that makes sense. I'm still at a loss as what to do... :/
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by creaseycj.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Thief: Deadly Shadows (Sneaky Upgrade 1.1.8) Crash 2 months 1 week ago #2

• lowenz
  • Thank you received: 17
creaseycj wrote:
I'm still at a loss as what to do... :/
SU doesn't come with a D3D8->D3D9 or a D3D8-> DXGI wrapper.
You must use dgVoodoo2 ( dege.freeweb.hu/ but maybe wait for the next official 2.55 release ) or Crosire wrapper: github.com/crosire/d3d8to9/releases
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by lowenz.

Thief: Deadly Shadows (Sneaky Upgrade 1.1.8) Crash 2 months 1 week ago #3

• lowenz
About the crashes, you must Enable in SU troubleshooting section the option "Suspend the progress bar" but with recent versions of dgVoodoo2 (several 2.55 betas) +ReShade (3.1.2) is not needed anymore.

Thief: Deadly Shadows (Sneaky Upgrade 1.1.8) Crash 2 months 1 week ago #4

I had both the D3D8 and D3D9 wrappers installed. I checked "Suspend the Progress Bar" option after upgrading to Reshade 3.1.2 but the game still crashed. I have gone and downloaded dgVoodoo2 and copied the MS folder contents to the "System" folder in Thief: Deadly Shadows as well as the configuration tool. I set it up and the game runs but now the Shaders isn't loading with the game.

Thief: Deadly Shadows (Sneaky Upgrade 1.1.8) Crash 2 months 1 week ago #5

• lowenz
creaseycj wrote:
I had both the D3D8 and D3D9 wrappers installed. I checked "Suspend the Progress Bar" option after upgrading to Reshade 3.1.2 but the game still crashed. I have gone and downloaded dgVoodoo2 and copied the MS folder contents to the "System" folder in Thief: Deadly Shadows as well as the configuration tool. I set it up and the game runs but now the Shaders isn't loading with the game.
'cause you got to rename RS to dxgi.dll

Thief: Deadly Shadows (Sneaky Upgrade 1.1.8) Crash 2 months 1 week ago #6

Reshade, dgVoodoo2 and the Sneaky Upgrade are working now!!! However, on the menu my mouse cursor isn't where it's supposed to be in respects to the actual location that I'm hovering over. Also on the menu screens and in the game the screen is stretched and zoomed incorrectly. Is there a fix for these two problems? Other than that it seems to be working. My resolution is full screen at 1366 x 768 in game.

Thief: Deadly Shadows (Sneaky Upgrade 1.1.8) Crash 2 months 1 week ago #7

• lowenz
Just set the game resolution to Windows-monitor max resolution (and check the menus aspect ratio in SU options).