Black overlay menu in game

• Guillaume
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago #1 by Guillaume Black overlay menu in game was created by Guillaume
I am new with reshade but i can't reach the overlay menu it's all black for some reasons, the effect are all loaded but when i press shift+F2 i see a black windows appear in the middle of the game. Has someone have any idea on how to solve this?
PS: I use reshade 3.1.2 on Tomb raider anniversary with the preset files "SweetFX_Settings_Tomb Raider_ Anniversary__× Ultra Realistic ×_"(don't believe the title of the preset it's a reshade preset). I have a laptop computer with windows 10 i5 6300 hq, 6go ram 256 go ssd and an nvdia gtx 960m. Thank you for your future help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Guillaume
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago #2 by Guillaume Replied by Guillaume on topic Black overlay menu in game
I forgot to tell you that the game don't support depth buffer access. Maybe it's link to the problem

• cryohellinc
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #3 by cryohellinc Replied by cryohellinc on topic Black overlay menu in game
The exact same issue with Tomb Raider Anniversary. Overlay works, same goes for all its elements simply its all black.

I have managed to "guess" my way by clicking through to the menu where you change "lock cursor during overlay". Well interesting thing is if you unlock it, and move camera around with overlay enabled you can actually see it now and then. The second you stop it goes back to the full black.

Any solutions?

• cryohellinc
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #4 by cryohellinc Replied by cryohellinc on topic Black overlay menu in game
Any ideas guys? Anyone?

• NarakuITA
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #5 by NarakuITA Replied by NarakuITA on topic Black overlay menu in game
I have a similar problem. I downloaded reshade and installed without modification, however it is not loaded completely and the small menu, at the top is all green. If I press the shift + F2 keys nothing happens! Why?

• cryohellinc
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #6 by cryohellinc Replied by cryohellinc on topic Black overlay menu in game
If this helps, this is how it looks in game once you turn on Overlay ( Shift + F2 )

Warning: Spoiler!

• NarakuITA
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #7 by NarakuITA Replied by NarakuITA on topic Black overlay menu in game
Ok, I uninstalled everything and installed everything new. Now you give me your same problem! black menu! But how is this possible? this happened to me since I installed windows 10 again. the day before yesterday everything worked. Now no longer!

• cryohellinc
More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #8 by cryohellinc Replied by cryohellinc on topic Black overlay menu in game

NarakuITA wrote: Ok, I uninstalled everything and installed everything new. Now you give me your same problem! black menu! But how is this possible? this happened to me since I installed windows 10 again. the day before yesterday everything worked. Now no longer!

No clue, I have tried multiple things:
1) disable all in-game effects, same stuff
2) tried EVERY reshade 3.0 version ever released, same thing
3) tried running in borderless windowed mode, the same thing
4) running as admin / various compatibility modes, from Win 7 to Vista to XP. (win 95/98 refuses to launch) same thing
5) tried different Nvidia control panel combinations, including resetting everything to default, same thing

The game just REFUSES to show Overlay menu properly.
Also interesting thing, for instance in the Main menu, Overlay is shown as Black Box, however, if we go into Manor, it shows up as a bright grey box.

P.S. currently the only thing that really works for me is latest Reshade 2.0. However, tweaking is extremely tedious as I can't seem to make the game run properly in borderless windowed mode (it keeps crashing) and I have to constantly restart it to check how effects work now.
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by cryohellinc.

• NarakuITA
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #9 by NarakuITA Replied by NarakuITA on topic Black overlay menu in game
I noticed, that loading Reshade, hangs at 31. There is something that prevents it from ending loading the program correctly at startup.

• cryohellinc
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #10 by cryohellinc Replied by cryohellinc on topic Black overlay menu in game
Any dev could take a look at this, please? :)

• crosire
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #11 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Black overlay menu in game
The following user(s) said Thank You: cryohellinc

• cryohellinc
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #12 by cryohellinc Replied by cryohellinc on topic Black overlay menu in game

crosire wrote: Fixed in next update. ( github.com/crosire/reshade/commit/211921...2eba3264c525cf216bd0 )

THANK YOU!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.