Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Far Cry 5, "Access to the path denied"

Far Cry 5, "Access to the path denied" 6 months 2 weeks ago #1

Trying to install Reshade for Far Cry 5, but results in "Access to the path E: etc etc "reshade-shaders-master" is denied.

It's installed on my secondary HDD, the E: in the Ubisoft Game Launcher folder.

I have tried all 3 options to install when presented, Direct3D9, Direct3D 10 and OpenGL

The game folder stays in read only mode even with full permissions (Admin) except "special permissions"

I have The Division installed in the same place and was able to use Reshade back in 2016 for the games launch.

What is going on here? I have seen videos of it working for others, but not mine. Windows 10. Anything need updating?
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by Digital X. Reason: changed wording
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Far Cry 5, "Access to the path denied" 6 months 2 weeks ago #2

No one knows? There has to be a reason for it.

Far Cry 5, "Access to the path denied" 6 months 2 weeks ago #3

Have you checked to see if the files are installed? I got the same message but it did in fact install the files. Now just trying to figure out how to stop the loading of files from crashing my game.

It's not exactly handy, but it's free.

Far Cry 5, "Access to the path denied" 6 months 2 weeks ago #4

The game is using EasyAntiCheat, it blocks any non-whitelisted software and injection attempt to access the game by stripping hooks from them so until the game is updated and a newer whitelist file is provided that could possibly have ReShade 3.x listed then there's only one way around it which is to break EAC but that violates the EULA and can be risky since it doesn't block online access thus there's a chance of being banned too.

Some games have little command-line arguments you can use to pass EAC initialization but this is not one of them, EAC is actually hooked into the games launch process in a pretty complex manner and can't be disabled short of breaking it entirely plus it seems EAC is now taking the option of simply blocking ReShade due to certain shaders such as crosshairs, zoom and others allowing for advantages in online play.

So that is why it's not working without going a bit over the top on EAC first. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: AssassinsDecree

Far Cry 5, "Access to the path denied" 6 months 2 weeks ago #5

JBeckman wrote:
The game is using EasyAntiCheat, it blocks any non-whitelisted software and injection attempt to access the game by stripping hooks from them so until the game is updated and a newer whitelist file is provided that could possibly have ReShade 3.x listed then there's only one way around it which is to break EAC but that violates the EULA and can be risky since it doesn't block online access thus there's a chance of being banned too.

Some games have little command-line arguments you can use to pass EAC initialization but this is not one of them, EAC is actually hooked into the games launch process in a pretty complex manner and can't be disabled short of breaking it entirely plus it seems EAC is now taking the option of simply blocking ReShade due to certain shaders such as crosshairs, zoom and others allowing for advantages in online play.

So that is why it's not working without going a bit over the top on EAC first. :)

I've had success with 3.1.1, 3.0.8 through 3.0.6. Here's a repository of the old versions, some nice bloke keeps them updated: www.mediafire.com/folder/8ar1jhh1809cl/R...sitory#bow1ko4203njp

Here's my two presets for the game and i include many other troubleshooting tips for this game and reshade. Hope it helps:

sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/9134/
sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/9131/

Cheers!

Far Cry 5, "Access to the path denied" 6 months 2 weeks ago #6

Ah good to hear that, so it's just that 3.1.2 is currently not actively white listed but the earlier versions are. :)
That also bodes well for a update to the game having a updated EAC whitelist that will allow the newest version too.

Far Cry 5, "Access to the path denied" 6 months 2 weeks ago #7

AssassinsDecree wrote:
I've had success with 3.1.1, 3.0.8 through 3.0.6. Here's a repository of the old versions, some nice bloke keeps them updated: www.mediafire.com/folder/8ar1jhh1809cl/R...sitory#bow1ko4203njp

Here's my two presets for the game and i include many other troubleshooting tips for this game and reshade. Hope it helps:

Cheers!

Thanks. Do you get depth buffer access with any of the old files? Tried it with 3.0.8.something and it was white. Since your preset features DOF it seems it works for you. Any tips?

Far Cry 5, "Access to the path denied" 6 months 2 weeks ago #8

JBeckman wrote:
Ah good to hear that, so it's just that 3.1.2 is currently not actively white listed but the earlier versions are. :)
That also bodes well for a update to the game having a updated EAC whitelist that will allow the newest version too.

Yeah I sure hope it is properly updated soon.

Far Cry 5, "Access to the path denied" 6 months 2 weeks ago #9

Uncle Crassius wrote:
AssassinsDecree wrote:

Cheers!

Thanks. Do you get depth buffer access with any of the old files? Tried it with 3.0.8.something and it was white. Since your preset features DOF it seems it works for you. Any tips?

Unfortunately it doesn't stay active. I note that it's sporadic on the preset pages, I think. But it basically is only active on initial load from the main menu, then is deactivated temporarily by basically any UI element appearing on screen, like world icons or the looting notifications, etc. permanently disabled if you bring up the pause or map or inventory screen, even after unpausing, which I don't understand. Have to quit to main menu and load back in to make it come back. I think being offline helps, but I also think that's just a placebo in this case.

Truly infuriating and majorly disappointing. Some others say DoF stays on for them, I can't see how. One guy said he ran the game at like 4.5 k or something insane and his doesn't cut off. But most people have had the depth buffer issue like us.

Hope this helps a little.

Edit: I should add, it is clearly still on the whole time because I can get static DoF to appear or dof that starts behind the camera to work, which Is the opposite of what we want, of course. And that even happens in the inventory screens. It just breaks the background depth info somehow and doesn't give it back.
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by AssassinsDecree.

Far Cry 5, "Access to the path denied" 6 months 2 weeks ago #10

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Far Cry 5, "Access to the path denied" 6 months 2 weeks ago #11

Just seen this, thanks guys!

Far Cry 5, "Access to the path denied" 6 months 1 week ago #12

I downloaded 3.0,8 and was able to download the presets.