"Unable to extract downloaded archive"

• Bakkoda24
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 week ago - 6 years 1 week ago #1 by Bakkoda24 "Unable to extract downloaded archive" was created by Bakkoda24
I had used an earlier version of ReShade with Elder Scrolls Online before I migrated everything over to Steam and upgraded to Windows 10.

This is not an issue with the installer crashing or the game crashing at launch. This is an issue with attempting to download the collection of standard effects as prompted in the installer after selecting the location and the API.

The error I'm receiving is "Unable to extract downloaded archive" followed by "access to the path 'D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Zenimax Online\game\cl' the text gets cut off at the "client" part of the file location. Prior to selecting "Yes" as per the instruction, the installer does say "Installing to ESO ... Succeeded!" Then, the installer begins downloading the collection, makes it to 100%, and the fires the error. After firing the error, the "Succeeded!" message changes to "Installing to ESO ... Failed!"

If I select "No" when prompted to download the collection, the installer does not fire an error and I can "edit ReShade settings." I can successfully run ESO without any crashes but without the standard effects, the in-game console is all but useless.

EDIT: I may have found a manual solution.

Despite the installer firing an error, the collection of effects were still downloaded. The "reshade-shaders-master" folder with the effects and textures was still created. Opening the configuration window in-game did not show any effects or textures because the paths in the Settings tab were incomplete. Manually completing the paths with "\reshade-shaders-master\Shaders" and "\reshade-shaders-master\Textures" and reloading the "Home" tab prompted the game to start loading the filed within those folders.
Last edit: 6 years 1 week ago by Bakkoda24. Reason: Potential Solution

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• zizozx#$
More
6 months 3 weeks ago #2 by zizozx#$ Replied by zizozx#$ on topic "Unable to extract downloaded archive"
I didn't understand the solution please write it again step by stepĀ 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.