fallout 4 crash after installing reshade

• Larry
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 week ago - 6 years 1 week ago #1 by Larry fallout 4 crash after installing reshade was created by Larry
Hi-

EDIT:
>>>>
since Beth updated F4 binary with dogmeat promo crap a few days ago, win7Pro64/980Ti latest drivers-
RESHADE 3.1.2, 3.1.1, 3.10 will not work with Fallout 4.
Crash to desktop before main game menu intro movie.
For win7pro64/980Ti, I had to install reshade 3.0.8.
MEANWHILE win10pro64/1080Ti WORKS FINE with 3.1.2 & F4.
can someone please explain what Beth did and how to make F4 work with latest Reshade vers & win7pro64/980Ti?
>>>>

Fallout 4 crashes on launch after installing reshade- never makes it past the load screen; never makes it to the main menu. I only use lumasharpen. This started recently somehow- as ive been using reshade with F4 with no issues until a couple days ago. Uninstalled reshade- F4 ran fine again. Verified files with Steam- all passed. Noticed that Bethesda added a news section on the load screen- RE: dogmeat add-on nonsense- is that causing this? Bethesda updated the main F4 files recently (april 4 on my box) and it seems that ever since then, my win7pro 64 box/980ti cannot run F4 with reshade. Win10Pro64/1080Ti still works (?)

Can you confirm this? Provide solns? I tried to run F4 with ver 3.1.2 repeatedly with same crash to desktop after running launcher- never gets to the intro film.
Thanks!

win7 64 pro
980Ti driver vers 391.35, 388.13 (no difference)
*meanwhile, on pal's box i demoed- win10 64 pro, 1080ti latest drivers- F4 loads FINE with reshade installed
Last edit: 6 years 1 week ago by Larry.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.