[SOLVED] Help! I am having a hard time with ReShade 3.0

• simmerslovexoxo
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #1 by simmerslovexoxo Help! I am having a hard time with ReShade 3.0 was created by simmerslovexoxo
Hello! I need help on trying to enable my shaders on ReShade 3.0 in the Sims 3. In the GUI settings have the shaders and texture path to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\reshade-shaders\Shaders
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\reshade-shaders\Textures

but when I head to the home setting nothing is showing up to toggle keys or to enable any of the sliders. It keeps saying error log:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\ReShade.fx

I look inside my Game Bin folder and saw nothing that had ReShade.fx only ReShade.symlink. I am afraid to delete any files in the bin folder because I do not want to corrupt and/or cause my game to crash and stop working. I don't know if I should uninstall ReShade, the Sims and reinstall everything or not.

I am not good with computers or technology to compare to digital art, but I am not perfect I guess... :blush: :oops:

Sorry, I sound dumb :S I just need help! Does anyone have any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Help! I am having a hard time with ReShade 3.0
Uh oh. Sounds like you are mixing an old ReShade 2.x installation with ReShade 3.0. Delete anything that has "ReShade" in the name from your game folder and install again (make sure to confirm when the setup tool asks you to overwrite).
The following user(s) said Thank You: simmerslovexoxo

• simmerslovexoxo
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #3 by simmerslovexoxo Replied by simmerslovexoxo on topic Help! I am having a hard time with ReShade 3.0
Okay, thanks! And for Reshade settings should I have the paths for the texture and shader paths stay the same?

For Example:
For Effect Paths have it:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\reshade-shaders\Shaders
And for Texture Paths:
:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\reshade-shaders\Textures

• simmerslovexoxo
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #4 by simmerslovexoxo Replied by simmerslovexoxo on topic Help! I am having a hard time with ReShade 3.0
Welp, it worked! Thank you crosire! :cheer:

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.