Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: X-Plane 11.10 STILL Crashing on EXIT

X-Plane 11.10 STILL Crashing on EXIT 4 months 6 days ago #1

Hello,

Reshade is STILL crashing my WHOLE system whe exiting X-Plane. I have to hold the power button to do a hard SHUT DOWN and then RESTART my computer.This ISSUE has constantly been mentioned in your forums.

I don't like HARD RESETS because of the risk of CORRUPTING my hard drive as I have "Enable Write Caching" enabled for my SSD.

Please FIX this or give us a WORK A ROUND for exiting X-Plane. Reshade works PERFECTLY otherwise, and I am grateful, but it is not worth a constant hard reset when ever I use it.

EDIT: ENDING X-Plane from the TASK MANAGER CLOSES X-Plane WITHOUT crashing my system.

Thanks
Last Edit: 4 months 6 days ago by Flight 101.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

X-Plane 11.10 STILL Crashing on EXIT 3 months 1 week ago #2

Hi, guys!

I recompiled the prog from the source and inserted feature UNLOAD so that reshade wouldn't crash X-Plane.
You can bind it in Settings for something useful like Alt+w and bind quit game to Alt+q. So you exit Alt+w q and wuolah.

Actually, Im not a windows programmer and can nothing guarantee except it works for me on my machine -)
Hope it will help somebody.

Recompiled installer 3.2.2 for XP11
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by ktulhu2000.

X-Plane 11.10 STILL Crashing on EXIT 3 months 4 days ago #3

Amazing... I'm going to download this and try it now. I started looking into it and I'm also no windows programmer but do have quite a bit of PC experience. I was coming back here to mention I'd started getting somewhere, but needed more help. If this solves I am extremely grateful! I'll report back with how it goes.
Last Edit: 3 months 4 days ago by adelicatebalance.

X-Plane 11.10 STILL Crashing on EXIT 3 months 4 days ago #4

Boom! Nice work. I ncase it's not absolutely clear - you have to bind a key to unload reshade form its settings menu, then press that key combination before trying to quit x-plane. IF you do this, reshade will no longer hang on closing the sim!

B) ++ respect!

X-Plane 11.10 STILL Crashing on EXIT 3 months 21 hours ago #5

A proper fix for this was implemented in github.com/crosire/reshade/commit/c97ef9...6e995405b40ca62182b2 and will be out with the next update.
Cheers, crosire =)