X-Plane 11.10 STILL Crashing on EXIT

• Flight 101
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 days ago - 6 years 5 days ago #1 by Flight 101 X-Plane 11.10 STILL Crashing on EXIT was created by Flight 101
Hello,

Reshade is STILL crashing my WHOLE system whe exiting X-Plane. I have to hold the power button to do a hard SHUT DOWN and then RESTART my computer.This ISSUE has constantly been mentioned in your forums.

I don't like HARD RESETS because of the risk of CORRUPTING my hard drive as I have "Enable Write Caching" enabled for my SSD.

Please FIX this or give us a WORK A ROUND for exiting X-Plane. Reshade works PERFECTLY otherwise, and I am grateful, but it is not worth a constant hard reset when ever I use it.

EDIT: ENDING X-Plane from the TASK MANAGER CLOSES X-Plane WITHOUT crashing my system.

Thanks
Last edit: 6 years 5 days ago by Flight 101.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ktulhu2000
More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #2 by ktulhu2000 Replied by ktulhu2000 on topic X-Plane 11.10 STILL Crashing on EXIT
Hi, guys!

I recompiled the prog from the source and inserted feature UNLOAD so that reshade wouldn't crash X-Plane.
You can bind it in Settings for something useful like Alt+w and bind quit game to Alt+q. So you exit Alt+w q and wuolah.

Actually, Im not a windows programmer and can nothing guarantee except it works for me on my machine -)
Hope it will help somebody.

Recompiled installer 3.2.2 for XP11
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by ktulhu2000.

• adelicatebalance
More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #3 by adelicatebalance Replied by adelicatebalance on topic X-Plane 11.10 STILL Crashing on EXIT
Amazing... I'm going to download this and try it now. I started looking into it and I'm also no windows programmer but do have quite a bit of PC experience. I was coming back here to mention I'd started getting somewhere, but needed more help. If this solves I am extremely grateful! I'll report back with how it goes.
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by adelicatebalance.

• adelicatebalance
More
5 years 11 months ago #4 by adelicatebalance Replied by adelicatebalance on topic X-Plane 11.10 STILL Crashing on EXIT
Boom! Nice work. I ncase it's not absolutely clear - you have to bind a key to unload reshade form its settings menu, then press that key combination before trying to quit x-plane. IF you do this, reshade will no longer hang on closing the sim!

B) ++ respect!

• crosire
More
5 years 11 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic X-Plane 11.10 STILL Crashing on EXIT
A proper fix for this was implemented in github.com/crosire/reshade/commit/c97ef9...6e995405b40ca62182b2 and will be out with the next update.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.