how do i get effects like MXAO and DOF to work?

• domjam
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #1 by domjam how do i get effects like MXAO and DOF to work? was created by domjam
A few days ago I posted asking how to get Reshade to work with half life 2..I was told to place the reshade folder, dll and ini in the bin folder of HL2.exe..this did not work for me and just resulted in the game not even launching. But it worked with HL2 update so as of now i gave up with normal half life 2 and treyiing to use it with half life update instead. So now that I have Reshade working I can start to mess around and try out the effects..but some effects Reflective Bump mapping, MXAO and DOF dont seem to work properly unlike the other effect which work fine.. MXAO dosen't seem to take effect in the game and DOF just blurs the whole screen. i tried changing the settings a bit changing upside down from 0 to 1 and the others ect then reloading back on the home menu. but nothing seems to work. I tried doing a search but all I can find are old videos on youtube from old releases nothing recent using 3.2.2. can someone help me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• domjam
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #2 by domjam Replied by domjam on topic how do i get effects like MXAO and DOF to work?
anyone??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.