Cannot uninstall Reshade for FO4, tried everything

• lynnthegreat
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #1 by lynnthegreat Cannot uninstall Reshade for FO4, tried everything was created by lynnthegreat
Hello I just want to uninstall reshade, & I have deleted all the necessary files, but the overlay was still in the corner. & my game is all washed out bright, it is so bright it is unplayable until I fix this.

Unistalling all the files didn't work, so I completely uninstalled & reinstalled Fallout 4 TWICE, & reshade STILL wont go away. I turned off STEAM sync, & I have tried a couple different Reshade uninstaller programs to no avail. I cant uninstall it via control panel, because apparently it is not a program. it does not show up in program uninstall, or Revo Uninstaller.

I cannot access the reshade ingame menu via pressing cntrl+F2. But the overlay is still in the corner...

This is what my clean install FO4 folder looks like now. imgur.com/a/SOegWku
Wanna cry.
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by lynnthegreat. Reason: add a detail

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TreyM
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #2 by TreyM Replied by TreyM on topic Cannot uninstall Reshade for FO4, tried everything
Delete dxgi.dll, dxgi.ini, and the reshade-shaders folder.
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by TreyM.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.