[SOLVED] What causes ReShade to just stop working?

• moccor
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #1 by moccor What causes ReShade to just stop working? was created by moccor
So this happens with games and emulators.. but basically ReShade will work and then you will close the game and reopen and it will load shaders but won't enable them and it won't saves the settings. Basically I am pretty sure the ReShade settings file is gone and won't stay created? Also sometimes when updating a game, it breaks ReShade. What is the proper way to remove ReShade to do a fresh install to fix/prevent this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
5 years 10 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic What causes ReShade to just stop working?
You need writing permissions to the directory your preset is created. Easiest way to make sure this is the case is to launch the game as administrator.
The following user(s) said Thank You: moccor

• moccor
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #3 by moccor Replied by moccor on topic What causes ReShade to just stop working?
Thanks. Honestly that wasn't the fix but that is still useful information. The fix however, was I simply needed to click the + sign and make a new settings file. The old file no longer existed or something but ReShade kept pointing to it. What had happened was I moved a game install from one HDD to another drive and created a new folder name.

So if anyone else comes around this problem, click the plus (+) sign and just make a new settings file if the Admin privileges tip doesn't work.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.