Unable to download archive - SSL/TSL Windows Vista

• arsima
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #1 by arsima Unable to download archive - SSL/TSL Windows Vista was created by arsima
Hello! I'm trying to download reshade for The Sims 4. When I download it, it says the download failed and cannot download the archive due to an insecure SSL/TSL connection. I have windows vista (had to use my old computer for now). I can't download the updated SSL/TLS support because they are for windows 7 and up. I've gotten past this step before and have seen the ...Succeeded! part but I cannot seem to get it now. Thanks for any help in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
5 years 10 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Unable to download archive - SSL/TSL Windows Vista
You can download the shaders manually here: github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/archive/master.zip

• arsima
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #3 by arsima Replied by arsima on topic Unable to download archive - SSL/TSL Windows Vista
Unfortunately my game crashes on startup so I can't even get to the GUI to select the director for the shaders and textures. My game crashes on startup, and if I take out the d3d9.dll or dxgi.ll files it immediately works normally (without reshade installed though). I've tried renaming the files to d3d11.dll as I've seen that as a solution on other posts. Any other thoughts? Thanks again.

• crosire
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Unable to download archive - SSL/TSL Windows Vista
Come to think about it ReShade doesn't actually support Windows Vista. You need Windows 7 SP1 or higher since ReShade depends on the platform update ( www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=36805 ) that doesn't exist for Windows Vista.
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by crosire.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.