Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Unable to download archive - SSL/TSL Windows Vista

Unable to download archive - SSL/TSL Windows Vista 5 months 5 days ago #1

Hello! I'm trying to download reshade for The Sims 4. When I download it, it says the download failed and cannot download the archive due to an insecure SSL/TSL connection. I have windows vista (had to use my old computer for now). I can't download the updated SSL/TLS support because they are for windows 7 and up. I've gotten past this step before and have seen the ...Succeeded! part but I cannot seem to get it now. Thanks for any help in advance!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Unable to download archive - SSL/TSL Windows Vista 5 months 4 days ago #2

You can download the shaders manually here: github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/archive/master.zip
Cheers, crosire =)

Unable to download archive - SSL/TSL Windows Vista 5 months 4 days ago #3

Unfortunately my game crashes on startup so I can't even get to the GUI to select the director for the shaders and textures. My game crashes on startup, and if I take out the d3d9.dll or dxgi.ll files it immediately works normally (without reshade installed though). I've tried renaming the files to d3d11.dll as I've seen that as a solution on other posts. Any other thoughts? Thanks again.

Unable to download archive - SSL/TSL Windows Vista 5 months 4 days ago #4

Come to think about it ReShade doesn't actually support Windows Vista. You need Windows 7 SP1 or higher since ReShade depends on the platform update (www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=36805) that doesn't exist for Windows Vista.
Cheers, crosire =)
Last Edit: 5 months 4 days ago by crosire.