Unable to download archive - SSL/TSL Windows Vista

More
2 years 3 months ago #1 by arsima
Hello! I'm trying to download reshade for The Sims 4. When I download it, it says the download failed and cannot download the archive due to an insecure SSL/TSL connection. I have windows vista (had to use my old computer for now). I can't download the updated SSL/TLS support because they are for windows 7 and up. I've gotten past this step before and have seen the ...Succeeded! part but I cannot seem to get it now. Thanks for any help in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #2 by crosire
You can download the shaders manually here: github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/archive/master.zip

More
2 years 3 months ago #3 by arsima
Unfortunately my game crashes on startup so I can't even get to the GUI to select the director for the shaders and textures. My game crashes on startup, and if I take out the d3d9.dll or dxgi.ll files it immediately works normally (without reshade installed though). I've tried renaming the files to d3d11.dll as I've seen that as a solution on other posts. Any other thoughts? Thanks again.

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #4 by crosire
Come to think about it ReShade doesn't actually support Windows Vista. You need Windows 7 SP1 or higher since ReShade depends on the platform update ( www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=36805 ) that doesn't exist for Windows Vista.
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by crosire.