Vice City won't start with Reshade (using d3d8to9)

• Oscillate
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #1 by Oscillate Vice City won't start with Reshade (using d3d8to9) was created by Oscillate
Experiencing a weird issue where Vice City won't launch with reshade and the d3d8to9 .dll file installed. Windows shows the loading circle for about 5 seconds and refuses to launch. The game will launch when i delete that d3d8to9.dll file and vice versa with the dx9 .dll file created by reshade. Any help would be much appreciated as reshade is needed for a video project of mine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brazzjazz
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #2 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic Vice City won't start with Reshade (using d3d8to9)
Hmm, not sure how to go about the DLLs. Sometimes a DLL cannot have a certain name as it conflicts with the game's own DLL, but then you would have removed or renamed that DLL. You could try renaming d3d9.dll to ddraw.dll or dinput.dll.

Another possible way: using dgVoodoo 2 instead of the D3D8to9 wrapper.

Does anyone know whether dgVoodoo 2 supports DirectX 8 wrapping to 11 as well? I assumed only 1-7, but this FAQ tells otherwise.
dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/QuickGuide.html

You could try installing dgVoodoo 2 (another wrapper).
dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2.html

Put the dll's in the "MS" folder into the folder of the executable. Then install ReShade and choose DirectX 10+.
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by brazzjazz.

• Oscillate
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #3 by Oscillate Replied by Oscillate on topic Vice City won't start with Reshade (using d3d8to9)
Not sure what I did but I tried both of your suggestions and nothing changed, then with everything normally installed the game launched but reshade still didn't work.
I then noticed there was a log file created by reshade named d3d9.txt which I have linked below. I'm not sure what to make of it but hopefully it can be useful.

justpaste.it/6skld
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Oscillate.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.