Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SOLVED] CTD - Window for games not even opening

CTD - Window for games not even opening 2 months 3 weeks ago #1

OK this is a bit of a weird one that has happened multiple times somewhat randomly but all with one thing in common....

When i install reshade for the first time in a game install it works everytime. The problem starts when I change my game folders name.... I tend to install mods and always back up my games before hand. But sometimes changing the folders name breaks reshade. First thing that happens is my shaders disappear even though reshade is still installed and the folder and shaders are still visibly there. Then I usually try renaming the folder back to what it was before only to have whatever game to start crashing on start. Idk all the games its happened with but know at least these:

star wars Battlefront 2 (classic)
star wars jediacademy and jedi outcast
I maybe mistaken but i think its happened to other games but I cant remember which.
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Ranting Otter.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CTD - Window for games not even opening (Solved?) 2 months 3 weeks ago #2

I also tried to replicate it using Factorio but couldn't. Issue could be related to running the installer again and not folder naming as I stated.
(Update): I renamed the folder for battlefront 2 back to what last worked and it works now.... so idk. Problem solved I guess?

CTD - Window for games not even opening 2 months 3 weeks ago #3

ReShade saves the paths where the effects, textures and presets are stored in an ini file in the games folder.
Depending on the game that file is called dxgi.ini, d3d9.ini or opengl32.ini.
If you change the games folder name you also have to change paths in the respective ini-file in order to make ReShade work properly.

CTD - Window for games not even opening 2 months 3 weeks ago #4

Thats the weird part I tried deleting every reshade ini>>>>>>>>>>
nvm presets count don't they lol. Thank you, I know how to solve that now.