Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: error X4509: maximum texture register index exceed

error X4509: maximum texture register index exceed 1 week 4 days ago #1

Is there a way to search through the shaders to look up which shaders are using textures and how many? It's too much of a chore to start enabling one shader at a time to see when the error happens. Or is that the only way?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

error X4509: maximum texture register index exceed 1 week 3 days ago #2

Maybe we can sort it out collectively. Which shaders are you using?

error X4509: maximum texture register index exceed 5 days 22 hours ago #3

Here's the list. The shaders are in no particular order, just copied it from the ini. The reason for such a long list is that it's easier to copy the whole folder to a game rather than one shader at a time to achieve what I want. Also, I use a lot of different shaders and confings even for just a single game and I change between them with hot keys. That's why there are some seemingly useless shaders too.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

www.dropbox.com/s/2asdu0m47qqauqm/shaders.jpg?dl=0

Just occurred to me that the list contains the names of the techniques. The link contains screenshot of the actual shader files.

Here's what I know so far:
- AmbientLight.fx: Contains a lot of texture registers and most of my problems would go away just by deleting this one. However, I like this effect a lot and would like to keep it, if possible.
- VHSPro.fx: The same as above.
- All of the CRT and VHS shaders: I love combining different lo-fi shaders together and with color correction, all set with very weird setting values to create a look that's far from what the shader writers originally intended.

Other than that, I have no idea where to look for problematic shaders.