AC Origins (with Reshade 3.4) crashing on launch

• EatMorChiikin
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #1 by EatMorChiikin AC Origins (with Reshade 3.4) crashing on launch was created by EatMorChiikin
I decided to try Reshade out, and first used it on Assassin's Creed Origins to see how everything works. Unfortunately, every time I open AC Origins with Reshade installed, it crashes immediately. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, running with administrator, and a few other things, but the only times it doesn;t crash is when Reshade is not installed.
Should I uninstall the other .dll files from the AC Origins folder?
Is there any way to get it to work?

Slightly unrelated question: despite closely following the instructions on the helpful post posted two days ago ( reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/4457-ge...arframe-in-july-2018 ), I still can't get Reshade to work on Warframe. Why is Reshade so difficult to implement?

Thank you in advance!
The following user(s) said Thank You: AssassinsDecree

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
5 years 8 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic AC Origins (with Reshade 3.4) crashing on launch
ReShade works perfectly fine with AC Origins. Used that as a test case in fact. Make sure you don't have any third party overlays running.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AssassinsDecree

• AssassinsDecree
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #3 by AssassinsDecree Replied by AssassinsDecree on topic AC Origins (with Reshade 3.4) crashing on launch
With ubisoft games, the CTD with 3.4.0 is an issue with their EasyAntiCheat software not being updated to "whitelist" the newer versions of the ReShade framework, at least that's how others that are smarter than me have explained it. One day 3.4.0 may not work, the next day you may find that either uplay has been updated or a driver update comes and BAM, the newer versions finally work. But don't fret, you can still get a version of reshade to work with ACO just fine.

I couldn't get anything beyond 3.1.2 to not CTD on launch for any Ubisoft game for months. I can at least get 3.2.1 on AC Origins now as of the last couple weeks, finally, but not anything beyond 3.1.2 for Far Cry 5, which is infuriating since 3.2.1+ allow for different depth buffer detection which I believe would fix Far Cry 5's lack of depth access issues.

Anyway, try 3.2.1 for ACO and see what happens. I haven't tried anything beyond that with it in months, but at least 3.2.1 and beyond fix the issue with hotkeys not being able to be unset once set.

Oh and on Warframe, that's my would-be helpful guide, but another person tried my steps and couldn't get it to run with Warframe either, which saddens me greatly as I'm working on a pretty time-intensive preset for it and hope it won't all be for naught if no one can even use it once it's done. Can you walk me through what happens when you try to run ReShade (and what version of reshade) with Warframe, please? Perhaps it would be best to move that part of the discussion to my other thread, in case others find the post?

Cheers,
Merc
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by AssassinsDecree.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.