[SOLVED] [FFXIV] ReShade blocking special character input

• NaoFyrith
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #1 by NaoFyrith [FFXIV] ReShade blocking special character input was created by NaoFyrith
Hi,

The last few days I've been struggling using apostrophes and other special characters in my game. After a few days of writing with FFXIV's support - it turns out that ReShade is somehow messing with the input of special characters (umlaut, apostrophe, quotation marks, tilde and a few others).

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this or why this is happening? It's really quite annoying.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• KittiS
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #2 by KittiS Replied by KittiS on topic [FFXIV] ReShade blocking special character input
I have this exact same problem and it's quite annoying. I'm one of those people who uses ^^ as an expression extremely often and when ReShade is on the input is not working. I did find out that pressing any other input at the same time seems to make the special characters work, but that means that both characters will be added into the chat. The special characters do work outside of the game but not in the game that has ReShade enabled. It's driving me crazy that I can't use them and frankly it's making me not use ReShade for my games... :( Help please! ^^

Edit 1: Oh and the same problem is happening in WoW too.I am also using the scandinavian keyboard layout. I tested it out and on the english keyboard layout the special characters do work. Just not on the scandinavian layout.

Edit 2: Fixed a sentence.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by KittiS.

• NaoFyrith
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #3 by NaoFyrith Replied by NaoFyrith on topic [FFXIV] ReShade blocking special character input
Oh yeah, totally forgot to write about the layout used. I'm always using the US-International layout as my standard layout, but the problem persists even if I swap. :<

• KittiS
More
5 years 8 months ago #4 by KittiS Replied by KittiS on topic [FFXIV] ReShade blocking special character input
Bump ^^

• crosire
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic [FFXIV] ReShade blocking special character input
This is fixed in v3.4.1.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by crosire.

• NaoFyrith
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #6 by NaoFyrith Replied by NaoFyrith on topic [FFXIV] ReShade blocking special character input
Cool! Thanks a ton!! :]
Keep up the good work!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.