Yakuza 0 possibly incompatible?

• DrChem
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #1 by DrChem Yakuza 0 possibly incompatible? was created by DrChem
Anyone else having issues getting Reshade to work with Yakuza 0 without having it crash?

Wondering if it's incompatible

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GileonFletcher
More
5 years 8 months ago #2 by GileonFletcher Replied by GileonFletcher on topic Yakuza 0 possibly incompatible?
Double confirm and I posted about it as well on Reddit. I got it to load in once to the main menu with reshade enabled, but as soon as I toggled a single effect (SMAA in this case) it immediately crashed. Was hoping to use SMAA instead of the built in meh FXAA (SSAA doesn't count because of that 50% performance hit).

• Dr4Wm4N
More
5 years 8 months ago #3 by Dr4Wm4N Replied by Dr4Wm4N on topic Yakuza 0 possibly incompatible?
It only works if you play in windowed or borderless modes, not fullscreen.

• GileonFletcher
More
5 years 8 months ago #4 by GileonFletcher Replied by GileonFletcher on topic Yakuza 0 possibly incompatible?
Is there anything that can be adjusted to fix that issue or is it purely due to SEGA? I'd rather not play borderless fullscreen because of G-Sync issues and lesser performance.

• JBeckman
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #5 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Yakuza 0 possibly incompatible?
Might be ReShade but my knowledge on these things is pretty minimal.

Going by what Kaldaien mentioned for Yakuza 0 and compatibility it's something to do with DirectX and CreateDXGIFactory maybe.
steamcommunity.com/groups/SpecialK_Mods/...c1743342647563065550

I believe it has to do with never calling CreateDXGIFactory1 and CreateDXGIFactory2 from the same program. That took me a long time to learn, and it's I believe the reason official ReShade also doesn't work in Metal Gear Solid V.

Suppose it would make for an easy test to see if the game(s) booted up with ReShade with that in place or if you need to use some other workaround, ReShade does work with Yakuza 0 here but it's injected through SpecialK as a proxy though it's the standard 3.4.0 version but apparently it's generally not going to work regardless of if you proxy it or try to load it normally.

abload.de/img/test1aqibs.jpg
(EDIT: And doing it like this has a high chance of breaking the SpecialK UI too if ReShade does load up.)
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by JBeckman.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.