Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Limit maximum texture size?

Limit maximum texture size? 3 months 2 days ago #1

On startup, ReShade appears to adjust texture sizes to match the rendering resolution so effects work correctly. ie: "Resizing image data for texture _____"

Unfortunately, some games have multiple render targets at different resolutions.. and ReShade picks the wrong one, resulting in a bunch of effects that use textures breaking.

Monster Hunter: World, for example. This awful port is locked to 16:9. I use a 21:9 monitor, and am unable to run the game in 16:9 due to various rendering issues the port has. (applies persistent black bars either vertically or horizontally, or both, nothing I do can workaround this)

Is there a way to force reshade to set everything to a specific size to workaround this issue? I've tried to search these forums and google about this but have come up empty.
Last Edit: 3 months 2 days ago by DAOWAce.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Limit maximum texture size? 3 months 2 days ago #2

ReShade resizes the images to whatever size the shaders requested. So you can easily change that. Let's take the UIMask.fx shader for example: On line 146 you have this:
texture tUIMask_Mask <source="UIMask.png";> { Width = BUFFER_WIDTH; Height = BUFFER_HEIGHT; Format=TEXFORMAT; };
This tells ReShade to resize the UIMask.png picture to the render target resolution (BUFFER_WIDTH and BUFFER_HEIGHT are defines which contain the corresponding values. Now changing that to lets say
texture tUIMask_Mask <source="UIMask.png";> { Width = 800; Height = 600; Format=TEXFORMAT; };
would tell ReShade to resize the image to 800x600 instead. You can also use simple expressions to use only half of the render resolution for example:
texture tUIMask_Mask <source="UIMask.png";> { Width = BUFFER_WIDTH / 2; Height = BUFFER_HEIGHT / 2; Format=TEXFORMAT; };
This is true for all shaders using pictures as input. Just find the relevant "texture" declaration (look for one with a "source" annotation that points to the image file you are interested in) and change the "Width" and "Height" values to your needs.
Cheers, crosire =)

Limit maximum texture size? 3 months 1 day ago #3

So it's not possible to change on a global level? I noticed Kaldaien's version of ReShade lets you set a specific rendering resolution which automatically resizes all the effects, aka a global setting.

But alright, I guess I can do that. I don't use all the effects anyway.. and in this specific case I was mainly referencing MXAO.

MXAO doesn't have a specific 'image' associated with it, but seems to render 4 effects in a certain texture resolution, and is completely off center in situations like this. (self shadowing appearing 320 pixels next to the character, for example)

Thank you for the pointers!