Fn +shift + F2 not working

• salemunderworkings
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #1 by salemunderworkings Fn +shift + F2 not working was created by salemunderworkings
so, I was trying to to Reshade the sims 4, but when i press any variation of FN + Shift + F2 or anything close to that just turns down my computer brightness. I've tried anything i can think of. I'm on windows 10 on a toshiba laptop but im not sure what model. anyone have anything that might help me out?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AlexaSims5
More
5 years 8 months ago #2 by AlexaSims5 Replied by AlexaSims5 on topic Fn +shift + F2 not working
I have the same problem and don’t know what to do!!

• gorillafreak
More
5 years 8 months ago #3 by gorillafreak Replied by gorillafreak on topic Fn +shift + F2 not working
use scroll lock, if reshade loads initially

• Marty McFly
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #4 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Fn +shift + F2 not working
On laptops those F1 to F12 have double bindings (one set is F1 to F12, the other one is those Brightness, WLAN... settings). The Fn key toggles between those so if you press it, one set is active, if you don't, the other one. It depends on the BIOS settings which is which so if you're pressing Fn and the brightness changes, it's obvious that you should try without pressing Fn to get the other set to actually press F2.

Alternatively you can change the hot key in the ini file.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Marty McFly.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.