How to make Reshde work with problematic Games !

• loccothan
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #1 by loccothan How to make Reshde work with problematic Games ! was created by loccothan
First example is -> Divinity Original Sin

Divinity Original Sin has its own DXGI.dll and therefore i can't make it work.
I've heard that workaround has to be made with Rename the Dll but i need some guidance :D

Anyone have reshade working in Divinity OS? (GoG version)

:)
Also if anyone have Problems with any game, make this thread default for such issues (easier to find solutions)
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by loccothan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daodan
More
5 years 7 months ago #2 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic How to make Reshde work with problematic Games !
ReShade works in Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition (I don't know about the standard (i.e. not enhanced) version).
You have to install it for 'EoCApp.exe' which is in the folder 'Shipping'.
And I couldn't find any dxgi.dll before installing ReShade.

• Eldrasil
More
5 years 7 months ago #3 by Eldrasil Replied by Eldrasil on topic How to make Reshde work with problematic Games !
divinity original sin 2 definitive edition also crashes when installed reshade for 'EoCApp.exe'

• Martigen
More
5 years 7 months ago #4 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic How to make Reshde work with problematic Games !

Eldrasil wrote: divinity original sin 2 definitive edition also crashes when installed reshade for 'EoCApp.exe'

It's working fine here with Reshade 3.4.1.351 64-bit copied to DefEd/Bin directory.

(note I tried to paste the log, but no matter how short I make it the forums still think it's 'spam' even if it's 10 lines...)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eldrasil

• Eldrasil
More
5 years 7 months ago #5 by Eldrasil Replied by Eldrasil on topic How to make Reshde work with problematic Games !
can you write step by step what did you do? It does not work for me.

• Martigen
More
5 years 7 months ago #6 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic How to make Reshde work with problematic Games !

Eldrasil wrote: can you write step by step what did you do? It does not work for me.

It's just installed like it normally is. The binary directory is:

\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\DefEd\bin

You need to use the 64-bit dll, and re-named to d3d11.dll.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eldrasil

• Eldrasil
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #7 by Eldrasil Replied by Eldrasil on topic How to make Reshde work with problematic Games !
Thanks a lot! just rename dxgi to d3d11 and the game no longer crashes. U a my hero :blush:
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Eldrasil.

• loccothan
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #8 by loccothan Replied by loccothan on topic How to make Reshde work with problematic Games !
Good, let's make this default for some pesky problems.
I need to check if my D:Os En. work with this method.

Edit:
Yes it worked OK
dxgi.dll -> original Divinity (make backup or it won't launch)
d3d11.dll -> ReShade 2.0.3 w/SweetFX

New 3.4.1 not working :whistle: need to workaround e.g. rename and input name in reshade ini B)
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by loccothan.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.