AC Odyssey now crashes with Reshade and UPlay

• thair7391
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #1 by thair7391 AC Odyssey now crashes with Reshade and UPlay was created by thair7391
ReShade 3.4.1 has worked perfectly with Assassin's Creed Odyssey until a few days ago when either the game or UPlay itself was updated. Now, the game crashes unless the UPlay overlay is disabled. There doesn't seem to be a conflict with any other games and the overlay turned. Does anyone have any ideas how I might troubleshoot this futher?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• thalixte
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #2 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic AC Odyssey now crashes with Reshade and UPlay

thair7391 wrote: ReShade 3.4.1 has worked perfectly with Assassin's Creed Odyssey until a few days ago when either the game or UPlay itself was updated. Now, the game crashes unless the UPlay overlay is disabled. There doesn't seem to be a conflict with any other games and the overlay turned. Does anyone have any ideas how I might troubleshoot this futher?

Maybe you can try this:
Add -eac_launcher in the running parameters of the game (in the uplay settings of the game).
Rename dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll.

OR

Install SpecialK fast streaming ( github.com/Kaldaien/SpecialK/releases/tag/sk_odyssey ) + enable reshade as a third party plugin (you have to copy Reshade files and folders in "My Documents\MyMod\SpecialK\Plugins\ThirdParty\Reshade") for this to work.
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by thalixte.

• OtisInf
More
5 years 5 months ago #3 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic AC Odyssey now crashes with Reshade and UPlay
Works fine here, so it might be something else than reshade related (I run latest build of the game (1.0.5) and reshade 3.4.1)

• thalixte
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #4 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic AC Odyssey now crashes with Reshade and UPlay

OtisInf wrote: Works fine here, so it might be something else than reshade related (I run latest build of the game (1.0.5) and reshade 3.4.1)

Hi Otis ! Thk U so much for your wonderfull camera tool for ACO and ACD (among others) :cheer: . Just to say that, recently in ACO, encountered a similar pb (i guess it is Uplay related, of course not Reshade related), and i fixed it by renaming dxgi.dll by d3d11.dll, adding also the -eac_launcher option in the command line params in the Uplay settings...

But now, i use SpecialK + Reshade, because the SpecialK OSD is full of usefull infos, and SpecialK does a great job rebalancing the threads in ACD.
Also, i find the frame capping feature of SpecialK to be more accurate than the RTSS one.

In ACD, for instance, i get a perfect frametime line, capping my framerate with SpecialK @45fps (i cannot afford more until i upgrade my rig)... ;). I cannot manage to get it using RTSS....
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by thalixte.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.