Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Depth Buffer & MMO (GuildWars 2, Teso, ...)

Depth Buffer & MMO (GuildWars 2, Teso, ...) 1 year 8 months ago #1

• Thank you received: 11
Hi !
I've tried Reshade (w/ Frameworks or ME ) with GuildWars 2, elder scrolls Online (and Wow, but some month ago), and noticied they have both exactly the same issue : All is working perfectly, but the depth buffer access is unstable, and stop working half the time :dry:
It generaly work when the camera doesn't move but stop working when the character move :pinch:

It's maybe due to the Network protection in Reshade, but I can't see how access to depth buffer in this kind of game can be used to cheat :S

Is there a way to have deapth buffer working all the time ?

GuildWars 2 with SSAO and DoF look so nice :lol:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Depth Buffer & MMO (GuildWars 2, Teso, ...) 1 year 7 months ago #2

• Kleio420
  • Thank you received: 28
04348 wrote:
Hi !
I've tried Reshade (w/ Frameworks or ME ) with GuildWars 2, elder scrolls Online (and Wow, but some month ago), and noticied they have both exactly the same issue : All is working perfectly, but the depth buffer access is unstable, and stop working half the time :dry:
It generaly work when the camera doesn't move but stop working when the character move :pinch:

It's maybe due to the Network protection in Reshade, but I can't see how access to depth buffer in this kind of game can be used to cheat :S

Is there a way to have deapth buffer working all the time ?

GuildWars 2 with SSAO and DoF look so nice :lol:
depth access is disabled on online games , i dont understand it when you can write a shader to look for color data and do the same thing and make a bot program based on this input which in its self requires a external program for button binds or a way to detect i/o of keyboard and mouse to make your player go on a route to farm in game items for currency , so that leaves it to the assumption that its not allowed for fear devs will detect it as a cheat tool and start banning people using any form of injection which its not injecting since its a post process and doesnt any form of hooking get detected in general with no sure way to tell what its doing in most cheat detectors so im yea 100% lost in why its disabled ? all in all im 100% confused by the decision and have to suck it up as im not a tech savvy enough to make something like this myself or even i was doubtful with the lack of experience i would come close to something as stable

Depth Buffer & MMO (GuildWars 2, Teso, ...) 1 year 7 months ago #3

yea i noticed this in Final Fantasy 14 also, i thought the shader just flickered because it was unoptimized or something, lol.

I guess it makes sense that depth buffer access is disabled. It does suck though because these games look so much better with ambient occlusion :(

Depth Buffer & MMO (GuildWars 2, Teso, ...) 1 year 7 months ago #4

Hi there,

I'm also frustated by that limitation when dealing with Guild Wars 2 and actually I'm using some GEMFX and SweektFX features which don't need access to depth pass. Recently I tried McFly's DOF and AO, but I encountered the afored mentioned problem with the effects fading when moving my character.

Now i know why it was happening

I wish there was a way to bypass that depth buffer online restriction just to play with AO, DOF and other eye candies...But geez...if it is devs wish to have it this way, then I must respect it. :(

As for Kleio said, i'm agree that capping the depth buffer is pretty much useless as a security measure. Bots/cheats for multiplayer games have been there long time before Reshade, and I think that capping the depth buffer won't just prevent anything from theses shady guys. Maybe i'm talking from ignorance but i think you are just punishing legit users for the harm that others may do.

Anyway, i think Reshade is awesome. Having the best shader suites under the same roof, and runing both on opengl & directx games is just incredible. :)

Depth Buffer & MMO (GuildWars 2, Teso, ...) 1 year 7 months ago #5

• Kleio420
  • Thank you received: 28
JadeArkadian wrote:
Hi there,

I'm also frustated by that limitation when dealing with Guild Wars 2 and actually I'm using some GEMFX and SweektFX features which don't need access to depth pass. Recently I tried McFly's DOF and AO, but I encountered the afored mentioned problem with the effects fading when moving my character.

Now i know why it was happening

I wish there was a way to bypass that depth buffer online restriction just to play with AO, DOF and other eye candies...But geez...if it is devs wish to have it this way, then I must respect it. :(

As for Kleio said, i'm agree that capping the depth buffer is pretty much useless as a security measure. Bots/cheats for multiplayer games have been there long time before Reshade, and I think that capping the depth buffer won't just prevent anything from theses shady guys. Maybe i'm talking from ignorance but i think you are just punishing legit users for the harm that others may do.

Anyway, i think Reshade is awesome. Having the best shader suites under the same roof, and runing both on opengl & directx games is just incredible. :)

0x0000002E official nvidia hbao+ flag for guild wars 2 , assuming your on nvidia give this a go the game in general has problems with AO it flickers on any method used something with how the game works

Depth Buffer & MMO (GuildWars 2, Teso, ...) 1 year 7 months ago #6

• Evan20xx
  • Thank you received: 16
For the flickering turn off in game reflections I think that fixes it.

Depth Buffer & MMO (GuildWars 2, Teso, ...) 1 year 7 months ago #7

I knew there would somehow be a link to the nvidia AO, how exactly do we take that (stable) depth info from nvida and use it to feed the ME shaders. Hmm

Sometimes I wish I was more tech savvy.