[SOLVED] Depth Buffer & MMO (GuildWars 2, Teso, ...)

• Topic Author
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #1 by 04348 Depth Buffer & MMO (GuildWars 2, Teso, ...) was created by 04348
Hi !
I've tried Reshade (w/ Frameworks or ME ) with GuildWars 2, elder scrolls Online (and Wow, but some month ago), and noticied they have both exactly the same issue : All is working perfectly, but the depth buffer access is unstable, and stop working half the time :dry:
It generaly work when the camera doesn't move but stop working when the character move :pinch:

It's maybe due to the Network protection in Reshade, but I can't see how access to depth buffer in this kind of game can be used to cheat :S

Is there a way to have deapth buffer working all the time ?

GuildWars 2 with SSAO and DoF look so nice :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kleio420
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #2 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic Depth Buffer & MMO (GuildWars 2, Teso, ...)

04348 wrote: Hi !
I've tried Reshade (w/ Frameworks or ME ) with GuildWars 2, elder scrolls Online (and Wow, but some month ago), and noticied they have both exactly the same issue : All is working perfectly, but the depth buffer access is unstable, and stop working half the time :dry:
It generaly work when the camera doesn't move but stop working when the character move :pinch:

It's maybe due to the Network protection in Reshade, but I can't see how access to depth buffer in this kind of game can be used to cheat :S

Is there a way to have deapth buffer working all the time ?

GuildWars 2 with SSAO and DoF look so nice :lol:

depth access is disabled on online games , i dont understand it when you can write a shader to look for color data and do the same thing and make a bot program based on this input which in its self requires a external program for button binds or a way to detect i/o of keyboard and mouse to make your player go on a route to farm in game items for currency , so that leaves it to the assumption that its not allowed for fear devs will detect it as a cheat tool and start banning people using any form of injection which its not injecting since its a post process and doesnt any form of hooking get detected in general with no sure way to tell what its doing in most cheat detectors so im yea 100% lost in why its disabled ? all in all im 100% confused by the decision and have to suck it up as im not a tech savvy enough to make something like this myself or even i was doubtful with the lack of experience i would come close to something as stable

• sajittarius
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #3 by sajittarius Replied by sajittarius on topic Depth Buffer & MMO (GuildWars 2, Teso, ...)
yea i noticed this in Final Fantasy 14 also, i thought the shader just flickered because it was unoptimized or something, lol.

I guess it makes sense that depth buffer access is disabled. It does suck though because these games look so much better with ambient occlusion :(

• JadeArkadian
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #4 by JadeArkadian Replied by JadeArkadian on topic Depth Buffer & MMO (GuildWars 2, Teso, ...)
Hi there,

I'm also frustated by that limitation when dealing with Guild Wars 2 and actually I'm using some GEMFX and SweektFX features which don't need access to depth pass. Recently I tried McFly's DOF and AO, but I encountered the afored mentioned problem with the effects fading when moving my character.

Now i know why it was happening

I wish there was a way to bypass that depth buffer online restriction just to play with AO, DOF and other eye candies...But geez...if it is devs wish to have it this way, then I must respect it. :(

As for Kleio said, i'm agree that capping the depth buffer is pretty much useless as a security measure. Bots/cheats for multiplayer games have been there long time before Reshade, and I think that capping the depth buffer won't just prevent anything from theses shady guys. Maybe i'm talking from ignorance but i think you are just punishing legit users for the harm that others may do.

Anyway, i think Reshade is awesome. Having the best shader suites under the same roof, and runing both on opengl & directx games is just incredible. :)

• Kleio420
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #5 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic Depth Buffer & MMO (GuildWars 2, Teso, ...)

JadeArkadian wrote: Hi there,

I'm also frustated by that limitation when dealing with Guild Wars 2 and actually I'm using some GEMFX and SweektFX features which don't need access to depth pass. Recently I tried McFly's DOF and AO, but I encountered the afored mentioned problem with the effects fading when moving my character.

Now i know why it was happening

I wish there was a way to bypass that depth buffer online restriction just to play with AO, DOF and other eye candies...But geez...if it is devs wish to have it this way, then I must respect it. :(

As for Kleio said, i'm agree that capping the depth buffer is pretty much useless as a security measure. Bots/cheats for multiplayer games have been there long time before Reshade, and I think that capping the depth buffer won't just prevent anything from theses shady guys. Maybe i'm talking from ignorance but i think you are just punishing legit users for the harm that others may do.

Anyway, i think Reshade is awesome. Having the best shader suites under the same roof, and runing both on opengl & directx games is just incredible. :)

0x0000002E official nvidia hbao+ flag for guild wars 2 , assuming your on nvidia give this a go the game in general has problems with AO it flickers on any method used something with how the game works

• Evan20xx
More
9 years 1 week ago #6 by Evan20xx Replied by Evan20xx on topic Depth Buffer & MMO (GuildWars 2, Teso, ...)
For the flickering turn off in game reflections I think that fixes it.

• louiscarter88
More
9 years 6 days ago #7 by louiscarter88 Replied by louiscarter88 on topic Depth Buffer & MMO (GuildWars 2, Teso, ...)
I knew there would somehow be a link to the nvidia AO, how exactly do we take that (stable) depth info from nvida and use it to feed the ME shaders. Hmm

Sometimes I wish I was more tech savvy.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.