Reshade crash Win10 specific ?

• Wassy_
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #1 by Wassy_ Reshade crash Win10 specific ? was created by Wassy_
Hello im new to the forums,

Im using Reshade since 3 years now on many games on windows 10.
And i happen to find something that leads games to crash on startup while using reshade on windows 10.

If you turn the option "Disable Fullscreen Optimizations" on and then try to boot up a game that has reshade in, it will crash before even starting.
(By default this option is disabled/not ticked)
This happens with V3.x.x and V4.x.x..
I tested it with some games like Team Fortress 2 which has a perfect compatibility and another game which i dont remember.
When this Option is disabled/ not ticked the game works fine.
(For reference i disable fullscreen optimizations because i dont play games in "borderless fullscreen")

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Martigen
More
5 years 4 months ago #2 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Reshade crash Win10 specific ?
I suspect the problem may lie elsewhere. I have FSO disabled via registry and per .exe as it's necessary for SLI and DSR, and have Reshade working with some two dozen games at the moment.

I don't have TF2 though, so can't test that. What else crashes for you?

• Wassy_
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #3 by Wassy_ Replied by Wassy_ on topic Reshade crash Win10 specific ?
I mean i said i tested other games too "some".
Also what Build are you on at windows 10 ?
Im on 1803 with the latest November update.
And for the list of games that i tried that crash's for me when i tick the option to disable FSO is:

Catmaze
Tf2
Killing Floor 2
And for the lulz i tried it on osu! too which didn't worked as well.

And when i took out the tick for FSO back, it works.
I might include logs too if its necessary.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Wassy_. Reason: small change

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.