game says enabled but zero effects

• Tropicocity
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 4 days ago #1 by Tropicocity game says enabled but zero effects was created by Tropicocity
Hi all,

I've downloaded ReShade 0.17.1 Public Beta with SweetFX 2.0 directly from the website. I also downloaded 'Neutral Shaders of Eternity 1.4' for Pillars of Eternity.

I'm really confused as this doesn't work like the old SweetFX config did - whenever I run ReShade setup to attach it to the game, it has to overwrite the Sweetfx_settings file, and when I load the game it shows the message and tells me in the upper left that it's running, but pressing scroll lock changes nothing, and I can't notice any visual difference?

I don't have a log file as I don't know where they are.. I did get this from my game folder though (it's a file named OPENGL32.txt)
pastebin.com/jrm4yB0k

Please help! I loved the old SweetFX but I'd like ReShade to work too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 years 4 days ago - 9 years 4 days ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic game says enabled but zero effects
The setup tool is just there to copy the files, you don't need it, you can do it just like old times too.
Copy over ReShade and SweetFX to your game directory. Rename ReShade32.dll to dxgi.dll (I guess, since the game seems to be running on Unity, which usually uses D3D11 as default on Windows) and copy your SweetFX preset into the SweetFX folder (that's the only difference here, SweetFX 2.0 has its settings file in the SweetFX subfolder and no longer the main directory).
Last edit: 9 years 4 days ago by crosire.

• Tropicocity
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 days ago #3 by Tropicocity Replied by Tropicocity on topic game says enabled but zero effects
Hi Crosire, I did as you said to do.

Reshade and sweetfx were copied into the game directory, ReShade32.dll renamed to dxgi.dll. Preset copied into the SweetFX folder and renamed to SweetFX_settings to replace the default. Still not showing any changes nor working with scroll lock toggle :( here's the log from the attempt:
pastebin.com/yiwq0kMm
thanks in advance!

• crosire
More
9 years 3 days ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic game says enabled but zero effects
Try renaming to d3d9.dll or opengl32.dll instead.

• Tropicocity
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 days ago #5 by Tropicocity Replied by Tropicocity on topic game says enabled but zero effects
Latest log with d3d9.dll (game always says success and mentions that it's rendering in d3d9 by the way) - still no difference/no scroll lock change. Maybe i should just use the oldschool sweetfx? :(

pastebin.com/VTzM77YZ

• crosire
More
9 years 2 days ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic game says enabled but zero effects
Well, it works perfectly then. You may want to enable some extreme effect to see the difference (the ASCII one for example). Settings are in the game directory \SweetFX\SweetFX_settings.txt". The toggle buton is bugged in this version, so no wonder you can't switch it on/off =).

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.