Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Reshade Not Applying Certain Effects For ESO?

Reshade Not Applying Certain Effects For ESO? 2 months 2 weeks ago #1

I decided to install the Reshade 3.4.1 today so i could use the Uber Fidelity Suite preset for Elder Scrolls Online found on the Nexus.

While the effects were being compiled during the launch, i got a single red line of text appearing on my screen but it was gone before i could read what it said. After checking my dxgi log file i found these lines being used repeatedly: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\Shader@0x000001C328E86E60(3,57-74): warning X3570: gradient instruction used in a loop with varying iteration, forcing loop to unroll and 21:49:23:754 [03244] | ERROR | Failed to compile 'D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\reshade-shaders\Shaders\MagicBloom.fx':
D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\reshade-shaders\Shaders\MagicBloom.fx(90, 34): error X3082: int or unsigned int type required

I have had no trouble launching and playing the game and all Reshade effects seem to be active, so i don't know if i should be worried. Is it possible that certain effects are not applied because ESO is a multiplayer game and using those effects could get me banned?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Reshade Not Applying Certain Effects For ESO? 2 months 2 weeks ago #2

... Use the latest version of ReShade.
Cheers, crosire =)
The following user(s) said Thank You: PegasusKoga

Reshade Not Applying Certain Effects For ESO? 2 months 2 weeks ago #3

Did i just get replied to by the author of Reshade himself? Yowza!

Anyways, your advice proved golden. Upgrading to the latest version of Reshade made all the errors go away (after i choose the right folder path for the shaders and textures in the configurator) and it seems to load the effects fast as lightning too as an added bonus.

Thank you very much for your help and have a nice day. :)