ReShade not working in Sims 4

• artstaria
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #1 by artstaria ReShade not working in Sims 4 was created by artstaria
So I used to use ReShade for the Sims 4 and everything was perfectly fine. However, I recently decided to move the game to my D Drive, so I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it. However, when I tried to reinstall ReShade, it will no longer work. The installation seems to work fine, but when I open TS4, the banner doesn't show up and I can't use the app.

I tried both version 4.0 and going back to 3.4, uninstalled and reinstalled ReShade several times, tried it on both the 32 and 64 bit Sims programs, updated my DirectX runtime, ran the game as administrator, restarted my computer, renamed d3d9.dll to both d3d11.dll and dxgi.dll, and still nothing will work. At this point I'm getting really discouraged, because last time I installed it, everything seemed to run perfectly, and now I can't use it at all. Please help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• seri14
More
5 years 3 months ago #2 by seri14 Replied by seri14 on topic ReShade not working in Sims 4
Have you switched the number of bits using the game launcher? answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Pr...-Origin/td-p/5868367

• artstaria
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #3 by artstaria Replied by artstaria on topic ReShade not working in Sims 4
This worked, thank you! I have it running on the 64 bit version now.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.