My keyboard does not have a Home Key

• Lunos
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #1 by Lunos My keyboard does not have a Home Key was created by Lunos
Hi. I'll keep this short, I'm using a low-end laptop whose keyboard doesn't have a Home key.
Without that, I can't bring up Reshade's menu. I tried Shift+F2 too, but it didn't do anything.

Is there a way to change this shortcut to something else?
Thanks for reading :)

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I found another post saying that one could change the keyboard shortcuts for Reshade by modifying a dxgi.ini file generated inside the game's folder, but the folder of the game I'm trying Reshade on (Tales of Symphonia) has no such file.
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Lunos. Reason: More information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daodan
More
5 years 2 months ago #2 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic My keyboard does not have a Home Key
I just checked the system requirements on steam and it seems like Tales of Symphonia is a DirectX 9 game.
In that case the config file is not named dxgi.ini but d3d9.ini.

• Lunos
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #3 by Lunos Replied by Lunos on topic My keyboard does not have a Home Key

Daodan wrote: I just checked the system requirements on steam and it seems like Tales of Symphonia is a DirectX 9 game.
In that case the config file is not named dxgi.ini but d3d9.ini.

There is a "d3d9.log", but nope, there isn't a file called "d3d9.ini" either, but yes, I did choose DX9 in Reshade's installer because just like you, I noticed that the Steam page for ToS stated that it used DirectX 9.

EDIT: I don't know if this is important enough to mention, but what I do have is a "ReShade.ini" file.
This is its content: pastebin.com/pCv66jPB
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Lunos.

• Daodan
More
5 years 2 months ago #4 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic My keyboard does not have a Home Key
Ah, sorry. Since ReShade 4 the config file is called ReShade.ini.
If you paste this into the file you should be able to open the menu with shift-f2:
[INPUT]
KeyScreenshot=44,0,0,0
InputProcessing=2
KeyWireframe=0,0,0,0
KeyEffects=0,0,0,0
KeyReload=0,0,0,0
KeyMenu=113,0,1,0

• Lunos
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #5 by Lunos Replied by Lunos on topic My keyboard does not have a Home Key

Daodan wrote: Ah, sorry. Since ReShade 4 the config file is called ReShade.ini.
If you paste this into the file you should be able to open the menu with shift-f2:

[INPUT]
KeyScreenshot=44,0,0,0
InputProcessing=2
KeyWireframe=0,0,0,0
KeyEffects=0,0,0,0
KeyReload=0,0,0,0
KeyMenu=113,0,1,0

Thank you, this worked perfectly :)!

• Bliss
More
2 years 4 months ago #6 by Bliss Replied by Bliss on topic My keyboard does not have a Home Key
I did paste exactly what you wrote and nothing still! I really wanna make my Sims 3 game look like a Final Fantasy cut scene lol please help!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.