Battlefield 2 depth buffer (MXAO)

• MichaelZFreeman
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #1 by MichaelZFreeman Battlefield 2 depth buffer (MXAO) was created by MichaelZFreeman
Hi,

I'm a bit confused here as I've had the MXAO shader working in other games like Assassin's Creed Unity. In BF2 only the weapon shades using MXAO and not the background. Compatibility list says "perfect" which I assume means that Battlefield 2 has full depth buffer access. I also noticed the ReShade feature that disables the depth buffer with online game,s apparently when network activity is detected. However I disabled my network connection and started BF2. However it crashes when starting a map due to some bug in there with it's network detection. I did ALT - TAB out and disabled my LAN connection AFTER a map is loaded. But still no full MXAO. I am playing BF2 single player only. I am not connecting to any external servers apart from the local one that is created in Coop from within the BF2 menus.

So how do I enable full MXAO (SSAO) effects for BF2 ? Also why is ReShade allowing me to use MXAO in some games that have online connections like AC:Origins and AC:Unity ? How come Nvidia users (I have an AMD card) apparently CAN enable SSAO for Battlefield 2 in their drivers ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.