GTA V crash on startup

• xsyclode
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #1 by xsyclode GTA V crash on startup was created by xsyclode
I'm using ReShade version 0.18.1.837 on my legit version of GTA V but the game doesn't start. It gives me "GTA V exited unexpectedly" instead. I should mention that I installed NaturalVision Mod at the same time, but I uninstalled it so the problem is here. I tried to uninstall ReShade but even after removing all the files the mod was still there.

Suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic GTA V crash on startup

xsyclode wrote: I'm using ReShade version 0.18.1.837

Seriously?...
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by crosire.

• Wicked Sick
More
5 years 2 months ago #3 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic GTA V crash on startup
Remove the game entirely, after that, remove any folder that is left in there and try to reinstall your game. If you ever wish to try ReShade again, make sure to use an updated version. Also, verify if other mods that you may plan to use are also up to date.

• xsyclode
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #4 by xsyclode Replied by xsyclode on topic GTA V crash on startup
That wasn't very smart of me oops. Anyway, how do I remove the text overlay on the top left of the game?

• xsyclode
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #5 by xsyclode Replied by xsyclode on topic GTA V crash on startup
Update: I managed to install 4.1.1 now, but 0.18 still exists because the text overlay is still there.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.