[SOLVED] Reshade 4.1.1 not showing menu

• Exannger
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #1 by Exannger Reshade 4.1.1 not showing menu was created by Exannger
I installed this to play the sims 4 and I had the version 3.4.1 before but recently I updated it but in the new version is not showing the menu anymore, nor loading the pressets I have. (not working) I have checked some stuff.
Now is not shift + tab to open the menu and its home key but I hit home key and nothing happens.
I checked on the folder of the game and there are missing files that they were in the previous version. "d3d9.dll and d3d9.log" if again i drag those files to the folder, reshade recognizes like if its the previous version again after even installed the 4.1.1. So it shows the menu with the previous hotkeys but it recognizes it as 3.4.1 basically as if I had installed the 3.4.1 so I dont have the update working.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daodan
More
5 years 2 months ago #2 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic Reshade 4.1.1 not showing menu

Exannger wrote: "d3d9.dll and d3d9.log" if again i drag those files to the folder, reshade recognizes like if its the previous version again after even installed the 4.1.1. So it shows the menu with the previous hotkeys but it recognizes it as 3.4.1 basically as if I had installed the 3.4.1 so I dont have the update working.

ReShade IS the d3d9.dll. So if you drag the old dll into the folder it's as if you just install an old ReShade version. For ReShade 4 to work properly you should also update the shaders to the latest version. And what button/key-combo you need to press to show the menu is shown in the spash-screen (in the first image you posted). If you didn't do a fresh install but an update it is possible that you need to press the button/key-combo from the previous install (and not 'home').

• Exannger
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #3 by Exannger Replied by Exannger on topic Reshade 4.1.1 not showing menu

Daodan wrote: "ReShade IS the d3d9.dll. So if you drag the old dll into the folder it's as if you just install an old ReShade version. For ReShade 4 to work properly you should also update the shaders to the latest version. And what button/key-combo you need to press to show the menu is shown in the spash-screen (in the first image you posted). If you didn't do a fresh install but an update it is possible that you need to press the button/key-combo from the previous install (and not 'home').

I've tried both. Installing a update and a fresh installation deleting all files and back to install it again but it persist that wont work reshade 4. I try shift + F2 or home key and wont work.
So I dont know... I give up because I already have 4 hours or so trying to solve this and is driving me crazy.
So I decided to return to reshade 3 and now I get an error with "Magicbloom.fx shader" right like the second image.
I dont know whats going on. :(

• Uncle Crassius
More
5 years 2 months ago #4 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic Reshade 4.1.1 not showing menu

Exannger wrote:

Daodan wrote: "ReShade IS the d3d9.dll. So if you drag the old dll into the folder it's as if you just install an old ReShade version. For ReShade 4 to work properly you should also update the shaders to the latest version. And what button/key-combo you need to press to show the menu is shown in the spash-screen (in the first image you posted). If you didn't do a fresh install but an update it is possible that you need to press the button/key-combo from the previous install (and not 'home').

I've tried both. Installing a update and a fresh installation deleting all files and back to install it again but it persist that wont work reshade 4. I try shift + F2 or home key and wont work.
So I dont know... I give up because I already have 4 hours or so trying to solve this and is driving me crazy.
So I decided to return to reshade 3 and now I get an error with "Magicbloom.fx shader" right like the second image.
I dont know whats going on. :(

If you did a fresh installation you probably installed the latest shaders and when you returned to an older version it has trouble compiling them. Or, question: How exactly did you do a fresh installation? Did you delete both the dll and the Reshade-Shaders folder (or renamed them which also works)?

• Exannger
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #5 by Exannger Replied by Exannger on topic Reshade 4.1.1 not showing menu

Uncle Crassius wrote: If you did a fresh installation you probably installed the latest shaders and when you returned to an older version it has trouble compiling them. Or, question: How exactly did you do a fresh installation? Did you delete both the dll and the Reshade-Shaders folder (or renamed them which also works)?

In first place I installed the new reshade, but when I entered in the game it still appeared that message saying that I needed to update so I said: weird... so i procedeed to check the files in the game folder: "d3d9.dll and d3d9.log" and I deleted them. I didnt know that I had to delete those old files
But didnt work anyways.

so i did this:

I installed reshade again to the same shortcut but in another folder and I copied the files so I pasted them on the game folder it required replace so I clicked on yes and once they were replaced i deleted all them leaving the folder fresh. I proceeded to install 4.1.1 again but in a fresh installation but wont work still. I tried uninstalling with the installer, still didnt work.
It doesnt show any menu, hitting home or shift + F2

Other thing i did: I placed d3d9.dll and d3d9.log to 4.1.1 files and it worked but as I said it recognized it as 3.4.1 like if I had installed the previous version and got this error with magicbloom.fx
So I gave up and I deleted all 4.1.1 files and installed 3.4.1 again in a fresh installation but the magicbloom error is stuck now.

• crosire
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade 4.1.1 not showing menu
Since the bar at the top is not showing up for 4.1.1 it wasn't installed to the correct executable. Install it to the same place you installed 3.4.1 to (make sure you select Direct3D 9 during installation). You can also open the setup tool and press Ctrl while clicking on the "Choose ..." button to extract the ReShade DLLs to the current directory. Then take the ReShade32/64.dll (depending on whether the game is 32 or 64-bit), rename it to d3d9.dll and move it to the same place that you moved the 3.4.1 one to.
3.4.1 is no longer supported, so the new shaders won't work with it anymore.
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cul, Exannger

• Cul
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #7 by Cul Replied by Cul on topic Reshade 4.1.1 not showing menu
<Deleted> Glad it's solved!
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Cul.

• Exannger
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #8 by Exannger Replied by Exannger on topic Reshade 4.1.1 not showing menu

crosire wrote: (make sure you select Direct3D 9 during installation).

Thank you so much, this was the source of the whole problem. Beucase I saw videos of how to install it and so they use Windows 10 I use windows 7 so for windows 7 is Direct3D 9 and I commited the mistake to click on Direct 3D 10+
So now is working. Is fixed. Thank you crosire. :cheer:

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.