Old version Reshade text overlay

• xsyclode
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #1 by xsyclode Old version Reshade text overlay was created by xsyclode
I have the latest version of REshade, but I installed an old version before on accident. The Reshade works fine but I can't get rid of the old ReShade text overlay, even though I seemingly deleted all the old files. Suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Duran.te
More
5 years 1 month ago #2 by Duran.te Replied by Duran.te on topic Old version Reshade text overlay
When installing a newer version over an already existing one, the installer should overwrite it and update automatically. If it messes up, I suggest you to uninstall it and then reinstall again.

• xsyclode
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #3 by xsyclode Replied by xsyclode on topic Old version Reshade text overlay
It didn't work... any other tips?

• caesian
More
5 years 1 month ago #4 by caesian Replied by caesian on topic Old version Reshade text overlay
I am having a similar problem, I have 4.1.1 installed (and have uninstalled and reinstalled it since this problem started). Whenever Reshade starts up it says I have version 3.4.1 and that an update is available.

• Duran.te
More
5 years 1 month ago #5 by Duran.te Replied by Duran.te on topic Old version Reshade text overlay
Can you take a screen showing the issue?

• Wicked Sick
More
5 years 1 month ago #6 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Old version Reshade text overlay
Try to replace the old DLL in the game's folder (where the .exe that opens the game is, not it's launcher, if it has one) with the newer DLL, also, make sure to rename it adequately to either DXGI, OPENGL, D3D11 or D3D9 accordingly to your needs. If you hover the mouse over the said DLL, a pop up information window should appear telling you which version of ReShade's DLL you are seeing right then.

• xsyclode
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #7 by xsyclode Replied by xsyclode on topic Old version Reshade text overlay
Update: I uninstalled ReShade using the latest version, and installed again, to no success.
I had to uninstall the whole game yesterday because of mods, but the old overlay is still there!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.