Reshade 4.2 not working

• aandril
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #1 by aandril Reshade 4.2 not working was created by aandril
Disable anti virus and other overlays, installed Reshade 4.2 into game exe with each type of API (separate) but no matter what I do, there's no cue for Reshade, and pressing Shift F2 doesn't work. And there's no extra ini file to change keys to open Reshade in game.

Also question, why do the dll's for each API (dxgi.dll, open32, ) all have the same code in them?
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by aandril.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Duran.te
More
5 years 1 month ago #2 by Duran.te Replied by Duran.te on topic Reshade 4.2 not working
Which game are we talking about? Does this problem occurs with older versions too?
Maybe the game does not supports reshade's compatible APIs (vulkan and directx 12 are not supported) or there's some kind of protection, like an anti-cheat system, that stops reshade from working properly. Besides, there's a possibilty that, if you do not see reshade's overlay on top of the screen when you launch the game, you selected the wrong executable while you were installing reshade.
Also note that from 4.0 reshade changed the default key to open up its interface from "Shift + F2" to "Home / Pos 1).

• aandril
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #3 by aandril Replied by aandril on topic Reshade 4.2 not working
I packaged a game for Unreal Engine 4.
Pretty sure it's compatible with dx11+dx12

Something did pop up on the edit reshape panel after installing with dx9 but other than that it didn't work.

I'll try the home button as you suggested.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by aandril.

• Dreamject
More
5 years 1 month ago #4 by Dreamject Replied by Dreamject on topic Reshade 4.2 not working
>each type of API
'each' type of api uses same dll as i know. You just should rename dll to type what game can catch and load. You can check which api your game uses in process explorer. also you could inject reshade's dll with any dll injector, google it - may be game does not want to load libraries in game's folder

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.