[SOLVED] Reshade won't save screenshots.

• Jehuty
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #1 by Jehuty (FFXIV) Reshade won't save screenshots. was created by Jehuty
I am posting on behalf of my sister. I tried to look through some stuff myself, but I can't really find much.

She has the newest reshade and a preset that I made. I made sure her screenshot button (PrtScrn) is active, and the default directory *was* the game directory. We tried setting it to her desktop too to see if that did anything, but it didn't.

I am not sure what info you guys need, please let me know.

The reshade works in game and the preset its present. Just the screenshots do not save. I compared her settings to mine, and we have the same ones.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
5 years 1 month ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic (FFXIV) Reshade won't save screenshots.
Run the game as admin, change the screenshot directory to your user folder in the ReShade settings or change the Windows folder permissions to allow writing. The program files folder does not allow you to write to it by default.

• seri14
More
5 years 1 month ago #3 by seri14 Replied by seri14 on topic (FFXIV) Reshade won't save screenshots.
After take screenshot, select [Log] tab on ReShade GUI.
I guess the error of screenshot will be logged bottom of log.
If logged there, wrong path or not have write permission of the screenshot folder.

Example:
Saving screenshot to (screenshot_path) ...
Failed to write screenshot to (screenshot_path)!

If not logged error, you have set the different key binding.
or if sound is heard from the ffxiv (like sound from camera), the screenshot was saved to screenshot folder. it was setting by ffxiv's system config.

• Jehuty
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #4 by Jehuty Replied by Jehuty on topic (FFXIV) Reshade won't save screenshots.

seri14 wrote: After take screenshot, select [Log] tab on ReShade GUI.
I guess the error of screenshot will be logged bottom of log.
If logged there, wrong path or not have write permission of the screenshot folder.

Example:

Saving screenshot to (screenshot_path) ...
Failed to write screenshot to (screenshot_path)!

If not logged error, you have set the different key binding.
or if sound is heard from the ffxiv (like sound from camera), the screenshot was saved to screenshot folder. it was setting by ffxiv's system config.

I had her check, and it gives this message: media.discordapp.net/attachments/2758197...98793986/unknown.png

• seri14
More
5 years 1 month ago #5 by seri14 Replied by seri14 on topic (FFXIV) Reshade won't save screenshots.
You do not have write permission of "game" folder.

1. End the game
2. Right-click the FFXIV launcher on the desktop and click "Run as administrator"
3. Take screenshot in the game

• Jehuty
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #6 by Jehuty Replied by Jehuty on topic (FFXIV) Reshade won't save screenshots.
Thank you very much! It fixed. She recently got a new laptop and must have not switched the admin boxes back on.

Thank you again.

seri14 wrote: You do not have write permission of "game" folder.

1. End the game
2. Right-click the FFXIV launcher on the desktop and click "Run as administrator"
3. Take screenshot in the game

• greyowl180
More
4 years 1 month ago #7 by greyowl180 Replied by greyowl180 on topic (FFXIV) Reshade won't save screenshots.
With me, it says that it can't save the screenshot because of an internal error (format may not be supported) and I'm using it for sims 4. I looked everywhere for an answer but I never got anything, could anyone please help me out? I used ReShade before but i recently got new expansion packs for the game and redownloaded the newer version, it works and everything I just have a problem with saving the screenshots due to the format not being supported?
The following user(s) said Thank You: divinetsakala02@gmail.com

• crosire
More
4 years 1 month ago #8 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic (FFXIV) Reshade won't save screenshots.
Post log.

• greyowl180
More
4 years 1 month ago #9 by greyowl180 Replied by greyowl180 on topic (FFXIV) Reshade won't save screenshots.
The log goes like this:

00:04:02:022 [02872] | INFO | Saving screenshot to C:\Program Files(x86)\ The Sims 4 Discover University\Game\Bin\TS4_x64 2020-03-17 00-04-01.png...

00:04:02:022 [02872] | ERROR| Failed to write screenshot to :\Program Files(x86)\ The Sims 4 Discover University\Game\Bin\TS4_x64 2020-03-17 00-04-01.png!

• crosire
More
4 years 1 month ago #10 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic (FFXIV) Reshade won't save screenshots.
You don't have writing permissions to the game folder. Either change your preset path to a folder you have permissions (e.g. some folder in your user profile) for or run game as admin or change permissions for that folder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: greyowl180

• greyowl180
More
4 years 1 month ago #11 by greyowl180 Replied by greyowl180 on topic (FFXIV) Reshade won't save screenshots.
Thank you! I should have thoroughly read the replies above, It worked I changed the Path!

• BellaBleuBleu
More
3 years 3 months ago #12 by BellaBleuBleu Replied by BellaBleuBleu on topic (FFXIV) Reshade won't save screenshots.
Hi! I'm having that same exact problem, may I ask how you changed the paths? Cause apparently what I'm doing is not working!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.