Using ReShade in Sekiro stops G-Sync in fullscreen

• Skyy
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #1 by Skyy Using ReShade in Sekiro stops G-Sync in fullscreen was created by Skyy
Hi everyone here,

I registered because I have a strange problem with Sekiro and ReShade. I'm using a MSI MAG241CR FreeSync Monitor with a GTX 1070 in G-Sync compatibility mode and G-Sync works with with ReShade in Windowed Mode although I get terrible frametimes in windowed mode so I run the game in exclusive fullscreen with Windows 10 Fullscreen Optimizations turned off and there G-Sync only triggers if I remove dxgi.dll and thus remove ReShade.

One curious thing I noticed is that if I rename ReShade's dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll ReShade and G-Sync both work in fullscreen although since Steam also uses d3d11.dll to inject its overlay I lose controller functionality this way so that's also not a solution :/

Is there anything else I can try to fix this? Thanks for help in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MonarchX
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #2 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic Using ReShade in Sekiro stops G-Sync in fullscreen

Skyy wrote: Hi everyone here,

I registered because I have a strange problem with Sekiro and ReShade. I'm using a MSI MAG241CR FreeSync Monitor with a GTX 1070 in G-Sync compatibility mode and G-Sync works with with ReShade in Windowed Mode although I get terrible frametimes in windowed mode so I run the game in exclusive fullscreen with Windows 10 Fullscreen Optimizations turned off and there G-Sync only triggers if I remove dxgi.dll and thus remove ReShade.

One curious thing I noticed is that if I rename ReShade's dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll ReShade and G-Sync both work in fullscreen although since Steam also uses d3d11.dll to inject its overlay I lose controller functionality this way so that's also not a solution :/

Is there anything else I can try to fix this? Thanks for help in advance!

I never had any G-Sync issues due to ReShade and I use the latest, also the most *overlayed* version of Windows (1809-17763), RivaTuner for FPS limiting, but I do disable Steam overlay. Is Steam overlay of utmost importance to you?

• forkinator
More
5 years 1 week ago #3 by forkinator Replied by forkinator on topic Using ReShade in Sekiro stops G-Sync in fullscreen
Hey guys. I had the same issue until i found a perfect solution. Its called Sekiro FPS unlocker. It unlocks the fps so you can choose to go above 60fps, and it adds borderless fullscreen so you can get gsync working again so there is no tearing. Link below.

github.com/uberhalit/SekiroFpsUnlockAndMore

Just click on the "releases" tab and download the latest version. Run it anytime (before or after starting Sekiro).

Here are my settings to get Gsync working.

i.imgur.com/RiNSrHe.jpg

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.