Hot Wheels Velocity X issues

• roketgamer
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #1 by roketgamer Hot Wheels Velocity X issues was created by roketgamer

Trying to use ReShade in Hot Wheels Velocity X results in this, and even if I somehow enable a feature, the whole screen either turns solid red, or the texture for all reflections fills the screen, either way, the game is unplayable

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Hot Wheels Velocity X issues
Looked into it. That game is just pure evil. It assumes the first 510 texture IDs are fixed and just writes to them and deletes them all as it sees fit. Normally you are supposed to ask OpenGL for free texture IDs instead of just assuming that they are there. ReShade does that. But because the game doesn't care it ends up getting texture IDs that clash with the game ones and the game happily deletes all of ReShades textures during a scene switch (e.g. after the splash movie when the main menu is loaded). That is why you end up with garbage on the screen (ReShade has no idea that its textures got deleted and renders as if they were still there).

Added a workaround now: github.com/crosire/reshade/commit/413982...268667b1f4db2c11ca5d
For this game to work you have to add the following to ReShade.ini (once the new ReShade version is released, or if you build ReShade from source code yourself now):
[OPENGL]
ReserveTextureNames=510
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Qsimil, roketgamer

• roketgamer
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #3 by roketgamer Replied by roketgamer on topic Hot Wheels Velocity X issues
i just installed ReShade 4.3.0 and the issues have not been fixed at all, even if i add the ReserveTextureNames part to the .ini file

• rickyback
More
4 years 8 months ago #4 by rickyback Replied by rickyback on topic Hot Wheels Velocity X issues
Are these the same issues causing artifacts in the classic Baldur's Gate 2? reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/4551-ba...not-enhanced-edition

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.