Problem when 2 shaders with same name are present

• DahakaMVl
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #1 by DahakaMVl Problem when 2 shaders with same name are present was created by DahakaMVl
There seems to be problem when two shader are present with the same name. When Reshade reloads it automatically activates both if one is enabled (probable due to it matching the effect name and not the file name).
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by DahakaMVl. Reason: )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Uncle Crassius
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #2 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic Problem when 2 shaders with same name are present
Open the .fx file and scroll until you see

//++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
// Technique
//++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Below that there's a line that says (in the case of MXAO) "technique MXAO". Change that name, like "technique MXAO2" and it should work. Works for me at least.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Uncle Crassius.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DahakaMVl

• DahakaMVl
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #3 by DahakaMVl Replied by DahakaMVl on topic Problem when 2 shaders with same name are present
I guess thats a simple workaround. Thanks :)
I created an issue on the qUINT repo if Marty wants to adjust this. It's up to him.

• Uncle Crassius
More
4 years 10 months ago #4 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic Problem when 2 shaders with same name are present
Tbh I think it's intended since the qUINT one is supposed to replace the old version.

• DahakaMVl
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #5 by DahakaMVl Replied by DahakaMVl on topic Problem when 2 shaders with same name are present
Oh, didn't know that

The behavior is still rather unintuitive, so I guess it doesn't hurt to document it. :)
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by DahakaMVl.

• amoebae
More
4 years 10 months ago #6 by amoebae Replied by amoebae on topic Problem when 2 shaders with same name are present
You also need to change the mxao to mxao2 (or whatever other name you picked) in the 2d textures section further up.

You can have endless versions of mxao running side by side by doing this. I have 4 at the moment.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.