Depth loss in Assetto Corsa Competizione

• Jesped
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #1 by Jesped Depth loss in Assetto Corsa Competizione was created by Jesped
There is some really strange problem with the depth buffer in Assetto Corsa Competizione (Unreal 4 engine - Reshade 4.3.0)

Some tracks "break" the depth buffer from the start, and the depth buffer doesn't recover to normal until game is fully restarted. :blink:

Let me explain in detail:

Some tracks the depth buffer works ok, like Monza here:
Warning: Spoiler!

with a proper depth buffer:
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Jesped. Reason: Adding more info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jesped
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #2 by Jesped Replied by Jesped on topic Depth loss in Assetto Corsa Competizione
then other tracks, like SPA or Nürburgring here:

doesn't have any proper depth buffer, this is what is showed by default (looks like garage):

I can select other entries in the DX11 tab that show something "almost" correct, but there is an empty space on the lower part of the screen that makes it all wrong in the end:

Res scaling is 100% at 1080p, and it only happens in some tracks.

Any idea how to fix this?
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Jesped.

• Jesped
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #3 by Jesped Replied by Jesped on topic Depth loss in Assetto Corsa Competizione
The same happens in Man of Medan, another Unreal Engine 4 title. Is there any way to fix this?

• Dany Gee
More
3 years 8 months ago #4 by Dany Gee Replied by Dany Gee on topic Depth loss in Assetto Corsa Competizione
I have the same issue.
But look, someone made it working here:

I just don't know how he did it.
Maybe it was different version of both ACC and Reshade?
Anyways, I'm still hunting for the solution - will post it here once found.

• Dany Gee
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #5 by Dany Gee Replied by Dany Gee on topic Depth loss in Assetto Corsa Competizione
OK, finally made it with reshade + cinematicDOF.fx

How to:
1. Go to DX11 TAB and select entry with most calls

2.Enable DisplayDepth.fx and check if u get proper looking depth maps.
I had to change Reshade_Depth_Input_is_Reversed to 1 and manually scale it to fill the screen (1.067 x 1.895).

3. Now we need to enter those settings into globals section and reload reshade (bottom button).

4.Now depth effects should work fine, mine did:
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Dany Gee.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.