Download older versions of reshade?

• trpn
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #1 by trpn Download older versions of reshade? was created by trpn
Hi, MXAO shadows doesn't work on newest version of Reshade, is there a place where i can find older versions of reshade to download?

ty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brazzjazz
More
4 years 9 months ago #2 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic Download older versions of reshade?
Hi, I'd first use the DisplayDepth shader to check whether you have actually access to a depth buffer. If the whole screen is black, then there's nothing to work on for the MXAO effect. In that case the culprit is somewhere else (using MSAA can remove the depth buffer in some games, for instance). If you would still like to try your luck with an earlier version of ReShade, you can pull it yourself here from GitHub. Another user friendly pointed me to this possibility a while ago. See reshade.me/forum/releases/4772-4-0?start=180#31437

I'm not sure whether you can actually pull the DLL files there as well, but I still have some earlier ReShade versions saved on my PC if you'd like an earlier version. Note though that you still would have to manually add the correct shader versions, as even an older ReShade installer will get the most recent shaders from the online repository - leaving you with an old DLL and new shaders.
The following user(s) said Thank You: trpn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.