Escape from Tarkov terrible FPS on laptop

• Lynxoid
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #1 by Lynxoid Escape from Tarkov terrible FPS on laptop was created by Lynxoid
Right. So I knew there was going to be SOME FPS drops, but I've been like. Stuck at 1FPS as soon as I managed to install it correctly. Without any effects toggled!

I had trouble with the game crashing first, but that was fixed by disabling the low-performance GPU and only using the high-performance one. I am using the OpenGL option for Tarkov and I just can't get around the main menu after I've installed Reshade! What could cause this?

My computer is a Xiaomi Mi Gaming Laptop (16GB GTX1060 Vers) and I am running Windows 10.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brazzjazz
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #2 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic Escape from Tarkov terrible FPS on laptop
You're sure the game isn't just waiting for ReShade to compile all the shaders? That can take like 30 seconds or so after which the game runs normally. You could try removing the shader files for a try, see my response here: reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/5545-th...ader-in-sims-4#34988
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by brazzjazz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.